Saddam's Chrome AK Found at Fort Lewis

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BPond, Apr 10, 2009.

1. BPond

BPond New Member

News Link

So instead of keeping this trophy of war earned in blood, a bunch of people from Immigration and Customs Enforcement wanted to ship off this symbol of our victory in Iraq back to that country's government.

I'm trying not to be too abrasive. I'll reserve my comments for these clowns at ICE.

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

All I have to say is

ICE [​IMG]

3. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Kinda makes you want to say "you're welcome" :rolleyes:

4. WDB

WDB New Member

Yep that seems right, something about nothing

5. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I thought the trophy earned in blood was supposed to be freedom?!?

I don't mind sending this back. When we start taking "trophies", it seems like we did it to loot. When we go in and simply straighten out a mess, it seems like we went in to help the world...

With that being said, I can't blame our guys for bringing back such and interesting piece of history.

6. BPond

BPond New Member

We had our our freedom, regardless. What our military did, was buy the Iraqi people their freedom, and thousands of them paid for it with their lives. This chrome AK seems like an insignificant exchange for all that, IMO.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

And Iraq wants this symbol that was probably used on at least a couple of their own why?

8. Clay454

Clay454 New Member

That article is complete BS. I am in a CHU in Iraq as I write this and am familiar with the regs on war trophies. If the 2ID did all the proper paper which it apears they did then it was completely legal. I imagine the Chain pressured them into giving it back. As if we have not and are still not giving the Iraqi government enough.
    Clay

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I 100% approve of this post....

JD

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I really have nothing to add, I just wanted this pic up again.:D