sad sad day

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jjfuller1, Jul 24, 2011.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

well i finally said goodbye to an old trusty friend today

Attached Files:

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

It's hard to let go.

3. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Bummer. One one level I know it's just a hunk of metal, wires, and hoses, but I couldn't imagine getting rid of my Jeep.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

What's the story? Why did you let it go?

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Need more intel to the story man!!! :confused: :eek:

[​IMG]

Repoed huh? Yeah, dammit that blows big time! :(

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

well it was running okay but then took a dump.. it would run rough as if getting choked. then stall then not restart. but only did it part way.. probly almost exactly at the same mile marker every day on my way to work.. i just popped the clutch and it would drive fine the rest of the way. i put a grand into it and it ran for two weeks and took another dump.. needs a new tank filler tube. im pretty sure the wheel bearing is on its way out. it needs a new alternator and from starting this morning a new belt... and that may or may not fix the running rough and stalling problem... and has a slow antifreeze leak that i just couldnt track down. empties the antifreeze about once every two months.. already changed the water pump and heater core. the first grand was for a catalitic convertor and sparks plugs, wires and rotor and cap.. having 80 miles a day drive for work. with 155k on it already. i didnt want to add more money to a slowly fading beast. is served me well but its time to move on. paying 35 a week for gas vs 85 to 90 is a good thing.. but on the brighter side. i now have money and permission from the wifey for a new gun now that its out of the driveway

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

It's hard to let a good vehicle go. Have any thoughts for the approved weapon purchase?

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

browning .22, ruger sr1911, or my uncles colt python .357. i gotta do some thinking :)

9. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Probably head gasket seepage.

10. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

its always hard to say goodbye ;)

vader_NOOOO_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

11. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

We just had to say good-bye to 2 1967 4-door T-birds, decided it was time. They needed to be restored and there just wasn't enough time. The buyer got both cars plus enough parts to do the job and then some. It was hard seeing the dreams die.