Sa loaded vs mil-spec?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by xdm11chad, Oct 19, 2011.

1. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Wanting to buy a Springfield armory 1911
    Could save money buying the mil-spec or spend a couple more and get the loaded opinions please and school me if you can!

2. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Opinions may vary - but the way I look at it...
    The mil-spec to me is a great platform if you were to upgrade/customize yourself and also kindof already knew many of the specific features or options that you wanted to upgrade/customize to.
    When I got mine (about a year ago) I was new to the 1911 platform & did not know what I would want done etc..
    So I went with the loaded which already had some extras included.

That said, the mil-spec would also be a great & basic gun to just shoot too. You would not go wrong with either.

3. onemanriot

onemanriot New Member

Right up my alley. I have both, I like my Loaded for shooting right out of the box, but I wouldn't trade my Govt. or the experience I gained tinkering with it. You can't go wrong with either one of them. Get the loaded and it will do great right away, or get the Govt. and unleash your inner gunsmith. You'll have a blast.
    -Riot

4. fmj

fmj New Member

as i have stated time and again here .....LOVE MY SPRINGY! (loaded)

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Buy the one you can afford.

Hey, it's a Springer, you'll be fine with either!

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

In my opinion I would go with the Mil-Spec. I like a more GI style 1911 so "suped up" ones do not appeal to me that much. Of course I do like 1911's like the SR1911 that do have some of the things people like to add to them, but do not have the full length guide rod, front serrations, and ambi thumb saftey.

7. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Check out the bells & whistles on the loaded, that the mil-spec doesn't have. If you want them, then buy it because it'll be cheaper than buying the mil-spec & adding them later.

In my case, I want both! :eek: So, it'll come down to having the money in my pocket at the same time I find one of them in someone's stock.