Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Wow Sgt.!

I don't know if I'd go so far as you did with the last line, but the rest I agree with.

I am not a huge 1911 fan, but I do understand and empathize with the original post. I suppose it's no different than owning a really expensive cat (I use the cat anology because cats, like 1911's are, well, never mind :D ).
No matter what the papers say, at the end of the day it's still a frikkin cat, and the basics never change no matter what price tag or polished goodies it sports.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
No, I meant that more like, there's really no room, in my opinion, for ANYONE who owns a firearm and is responsible, to look down on someone else's guns (assuming the other person is also responsible and makes educated decicions on a gun purchase). I would like to have another full size 1911 and was going to get a RIA. Unfortunately broken cars came first.

I realize it's not a Wilson or Les Baer, but I don't think I need to impress someone with the price I paid for a gun. 230 grains hits just as hard from either.

All said and done I guess it's personal preference and the depth of the pockets, but I wouldn't say one is fundamentally better than another.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.