S&W500 Grips

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by bigrock44, Apr 3, 2013.

1. bigrock44

bigrock44 New Member

Are there any good grips for the 500. I just picked up,one but am not a fan of the grips.

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Not a fan?? Why , cause there rubber. They do help you to hang on to it. Its just a tool . Atleast give then a chance. I have read that s&w K and L frame round butts fit . besure its a round butt frame and find some to try. Then theres a whole world of grips to try. Wear a football helment. hehehe

3. gremlock686

gremlock686 New Member

I have Hogue Grips on mine for looks, put rubber ones on when ready to do damage. They are L-frame.

image-1887275239.jpg

Model 500 & 357 Magnums.

Attached Files:

4. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Very nice looking revolvers....

5. jebsca

jebsca New Member

Have you tried it out with the rubber grips? I like the way mine shoots, but I think wood grips would make it abusive. By the way, Grem, they look good with wood!

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have shot the L frame with the stock rubber grips. In my opinion a well made set of wood grips would make the gun more balanced. I don't like rubber grips. The wood grips would allow the gun to rotate a little in your hand. When you reach up with your thumb to cock the gun again it should settle back into the proper position.

7. gremlock686

gremlock686 New Member

I shoots the 500 with rubber, the wood is only for looks, the 357 with the wood left on them, but still hearts after a while of shooting & thanks for liking them bud.

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

John deer That works well enought with SA revolvers. When the recoil is as stout as a 500 can be is you would get your forhead split open or wrist/hand damaged. Untill you get to shoot one of the 500's you just can't understand. Its also not really a one handed shooter ether.