S&W Sigma trigger

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jackg, Nov 25, 2009.

1. jackg

jackg New Member

I spoke with a S&W rep on Sept. 3rd or 4th about the horrible trigger problem I was having. I did this after reading posts from other people complaining about it. My issue was I felt like I had no idea when it would eventually fire and what it would hit. I thought it was a serious safety issue, for me anyway. S&W sent me a letter along with pre-paid FEDEX shipping papers, so I sent it in to them. I shipped it out on 11/7/09 and got it back on 11/20/09, pretty good, huh?
    Finally I got it to the range today and I have to say I'm totally impressed. The gun I got back is nothing like the gun I sent. The trigger is smooth and the gun is accurate. On the work order that came in the box with the gun it says:

"Customer complaint: Rough Double Action"
    "Repaired: REPLACED SEAR HOUSING BLK ASSY"

I was ready to give this gun away, glad I didn't. I must write a letter to S&W to thank them.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Glad S&W did right by you. Never try out a 1911 though as no trigger will feel good after that...

3. jackg

jackg New Member

I agree 100% with you regarding the 1911 trigger. My Kimber is smooth as slicing through butter.