S&w sd9ve

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Matthew161, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Matthew161

Matthew161 New Member

Hey guys I have a S&W SD9VE and looked at the book and I think I can use +p ammo I just wanna much sure I can. Thanks

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I don't know for sure, but a general rule of thumb I go by is if it's a handgun produced since about mid 80s or newer and not a "Ring of Fire" manufacturer, you're probably safe to use +P. The Sigma is a newer gun, my boss owns one. I'll ask him if he's ever tried it in his and report back for ya.

Just read your manual, +P is fine. They recommend not to use +P+, it looks like, though. They give a disclaimer that the +P can cause excessive wear to gun, but that's a "duh" moment because it's higher pressure ammunition.

3. Matthew161

Matthew161 New Member

Ok thanks I think it said I can

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Mine been a good gun but its headed back to S&W on monday for a new striker. Took it apart and it was broken right where it squares off . After much searching it and the MP series have the same issues , Really no big deal I just have to send it back and let them put a new one in it . I do have alot of rounds thru this gun so I really cant complain especially since S& W is going to pay shipping both ways and fix it free .

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

S&W has taken care of me they issued a pre paid Fed Ex label for me and told me that I would have it back in my hands in less than 2 weeks the will also change out the extractor and spring for it also just as routine maintenance.

6. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

Awesome service.. Love Smith for that! Is yours the Sigma or newer SD?

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Its a sigma. Working on getting a SD9 for the wife since that what feels best for her