S&W or Colt?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ZmbieWolf, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ZmbieWolf

ZmbieWolf New Member

Personaly I prefer Colt because of their famous m1911m1 pistol.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Okay, and I prefer Dodge because of the Cummings engine.

Now, what models are you talking about? Or could you elaborate a little more?

3. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Chevy's for me because of the Corvette

Colt is easier to type as that little & is just hard to reach sometimes:rolleyes:

4. mcb

mcb New Member

Both. Colt 1911 and SAA are classics.
    In DA revolvers I prefer S&W. The Colt Python is a classic beauty but I'll take my 686 for everyday use any day. I have a Trooper MK III that I like but can take or leave it ( it has sentimental value inherited from a favorite uncle). The Anaconda is the gun I'm probably least impressed with. My 629 classic looks as good and shoots much better.

In modern handguns there are so many more S&Ws there really is nothing to compare.

5. bullittsam159

bullittsam159 New Member

I'm really not a big fan of colt but it's mostly just because I feel they are overpriced and smug. Something about the company just rubs me the wrong way. Their civilian ARs are all mil spec instead of the civilian standard spec which can be a pain in the *** for new buyers and buying a colt used usually means you are going to have to overpay. I'm not saying that they don't make good guns. I ,personally, am just not a fan. That being said I don't think that s&w is all too great either. I really hate the way the m&p pistol shoots. For me its ruger for revolvers and sig for automatics.