S&w mp 15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by PlaysWithZombies, Mar 24, 2012.

1. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

So i've found a guy who has an MP15 model 811013 that he wants to trade me for one of my AKs. Anyone here have any experience with them? I've always been a fan of S&W pistols but don't have any experience with their rifles.

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Do you need a compliant AR?

3. PlaysWithZombies

No, i'm a PA resident

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

5. PlaysWithZombies

Yeah it's compliant, from what i understand though the only difference between compliant and non-compliant is that the barrel is made so you can't install a suppressor and it only has a 10 rnd mag, he does have a 30 rnd for it though.

The AK is a centurion 39 sporter

image-2143171385.jpg

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

And fixed stock. It also isn't threaded for a muzzle device.

Round count, condition, etc. of each?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  7. PlaysWithZombies

Don't know the round count on the AR but it's in good shape, doesn't look like it's spent much time outside the gun cabinet.

I've only put about 400 rounds through the AK and it's in fantastic condition, hasn't seen nearly as much abuse as my other AKs lol

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I would ask some questions about the AR before getting serious about a trade.

9. PlaysWithZombies

Oh yeah, absolutely. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with these rifles.

I was thinking after throwing a nice adjustable stock on it it'd be a good lower to put a BCM upper on for a shtf rifle, and still have the original for an everday plinker

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You can build up a nice lower for $250 or so or even buy a blemished BCM complete lower for not much more. I think I'd go that route unless you're sure about the S&W. I wouldn't be interested in a compliant AR unless I had a extended visit in a ban state. Anyway, find out the particulars and do what's best for you...

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Trade him. The S&W's are good rifles. That one would make a nice varment, coyote rifle or a bit of pig hunting with heavier bullets. Not many ak's or worth near that much in any market.

12. PlaysWithZombies

That's probably about what i'll end up doing, i'm just kind of weighing my options lol

13. PlaysWithZombies

Well as far as coyotes go i'll stick to my AKs. And currently the average price of that model S&W is about 50 bucks less than a centurion 39, and as someone who's fired damn near every kind of AK-47 out there, i can tell you it's worth every penny. As long as you're not just opposed to AKs in general at least lol.

Could you elaborate on why you think the S&W is such a good rifle?

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

If you don't have to have a neutered AR why would you?

15. PlaysWithZombies

That's not a bad point. but the upper it has wouldn't be my primary, just one to f#*k around and have fun with. Unless i'm mistaken (which is definitely a possibility) the lower is identical to a noncomplient model.

Just thought that if i could trade a rifle i already have for this the money i'd save by not having to get a lower could be put towards an even better shtf upper.

That said i do appreciate your point mj

16. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Your the one asking about a trade. To me no ak is worth that much money unless it was the real thang. Or atleast a real semi-auto version not made in america thats also neutered. Both are non compllient then??

17. PlaysWithZombies

If you read my original post i'm not asking about the trade itself, i wanted to know if anyone had experience with that rifle.

The AK is a "real semi-auto" and i don't really see how being made in america makes it neutered, only the S&W is complient.