S&W Model 67-4

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Dzscubie, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Alright guys and gals, here is the story.

my FFL has found a source of Smith Model 67's that look brand new and almost like they have never been fired and for a fantastic price. As some of you know Linda had her 67 blow up on her many years ago and I'm looking to replace it for her.

Now here is where I need a little help. The 67's have been modified by a police department to be DAO only revolvers and I want to know what I would have to do to return it back to a SA/DA revolver. I don't believe there was much smithing involved but again I'm not real familiar with wheel guns as I am with autos so I'm open to suggestions.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I swapped out hammer on a 25-2 that somebody bobbed. It can be put back to SA/DA with parts swapping and time to understand how things work inside. Hardest thing I have with S&W is putting the side plate back on correctly.

3. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Some things are best left to a professional. I've completely broken down and put back together 2 of my revolvers and while successful, it was not easy. Then again I'm no gunsmith and have never been known for my patience.

A smith shouldn't charge you very much for this, but if you do it yourself make sure you have a vice or a third hand.

4. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Scubie, they probably just bobbed the hammer. You can order a new hammer assembly and replace it.
    MidwayUSA - Advanced Search

I like the .375" target hammer best.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have K-frame hammers and can convert it back or walk you through the process. Let me know.

6. Wambli

Wambli Member

You need a new hammer and it might require some fitting. Cheap fix.

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

It's a piece of cake to convert it back to DA/SA-all you need to do is fit a hammer and possibly the trigger if they got rid of the SA notch on it.

8. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Guys,

Thanks for all the info. It looks like it was an armory queen and it is a -1, not a -4! It looks likes it has never been fired. I will be posting pics of it shortly, along with my new LadySmith 3919. Thanks Don!!

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Check e-gunparts.com or brownells.com They may have just what you need.

10. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

OK here is the 67-1 and the hammer.

Attached Files: