Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,300 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, its got the nice pachmeyer presentation grips on it and the fit my hand nice and I can hang on to them very well, I was wondering about the spring kit that comes with the kit, does it reduce trigger pull and make that big of a difference for the money?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I have a factory trigger and see no need to change any part of it's operation. I would not advise making any such changes until I had done some shooting with it. One step at a time.
I am not familiar with the kit. Were there reviews on it?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't seen any reviews on it, that's why I was asking if anyone had experience with it, I think I will just shoot and enjoy it how it is, it does feel pretty nice, just trying to get used to the trigger on it, this one I have has the firing pin on the hammer, will it hurt to dry fire this gun, I have snap caps on order for it, but don't want to hurt it if I do practice trigger control with it.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
My 36 is from the fifties and has the pin on hammer. I would wait for the snap caps. I used ammo for trigger pull. A GS can smooth the action for you not $$$$. It is not a target pistol. Practice your draw and be carefull with the support hand as regards the cylinder gap and short barrel.:(:(
By the way the Hornady ammo I mentioned on another thread is not +P, and works well for the caliber.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 36 is from the fifties and has the pin on hammer. I would wait for the snap caps. I used ammo for trigger pull. A GS can smooth the action for you not $$$$. It is not a target pistol. Practice your draw and be carefull with the support hand as regards the cylinder gap and short barrel.:(:(
By the way the Hornady ammo I mentioned on another thread is not +P, and works well for the caliber.
Thanks for all your help, I can't ccw here in Illinois yet so ill practice drawing and grip, and hand placement so when we can carry I will be ready. I'm gonna pick up some ammo for it this weekend and do some more shooting with it.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Good luck w/CCW in IL. I think it will be too restrictive, like NY. I'm from IL but got my CCW in FL and carry a 1911 everywhere but here.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've read what they have in writing so far, and it sounds nice and legit, but I'm sure its a long way off and stipulations will be added.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts