S@W Model 15 Speed Loader

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Mike72, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Mike72

Mike72 New Member

Hey guys, My wife don't like my gun "XD .45" so she bought a used S@W Model 15
    I'm having trouble finding a speed loader for it. I bought one that they said would work but it doesn't. It hits the grips and can't line up to load it. They are the origanal grips so i'm not sure if that's the problem.

Thanks for any help.

2. Car54

Car54 New Member

I had a model 66 with the Rosewood grips. They were a bit too wide for an H&K loader to work. I sanded the high spot down a bit but the loader never did load the rounds in a direct line. I had to go in on a slight angle, open the loader and "help" the rounds enter the cylinder.

3. Mike72

Mike72 New Member

That H&K loader is the one they said should work.

4. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

You may need to get grips with a scooped out section for the speed loader.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The HKS 10 or 10A is the correct loader for that revolver. If they do not fit, it is a problem with the grips. Not all grips are made for speedloaders.

6. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

On the left side grip there should be a cutout football shaped and is a relief cutout for speed loaders.If you go looking for a set with the cut out all k frame grips interchange as well as L frame grips they are all the same size. I would not go messing up the grips although you can releive them your self. But it drops the value of the gun. K frame grips can be bought used for 30 to 40 bucks.
    I would surf the big gun sites parts sections and ebay or go into one of the smith and wesson forums and post in the classifieds you need a pair.
    Here is a picture of a 686 which uses the same size grips with the cut out.Redirect Notice

7. Mike72

Mike72 New Member

Thank's for the help.
    I'll start looking for a set of grips now. The wife really wants the speed loader just in case i'm not home and she needs to load it fast.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a lot of aftermarket grips are relieved for speedloaders. some factory grips are, some are not. my factory grips on my pistol were relieved, but the hogue grips i put on it allowed even more clearance for the speedloaders.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member