S&W Mod. 66 Nickel 357 How much worth?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by paul, Jan 16, 2011.

1. paul

paul New Member

I found one at the gunshop, good condition, they want $415.00 I think more like $350.00 for a decent deal. Oh yeah, it's bore and all look good, nice pistol, 4", factory grips comes with Hogue grips too.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The model 66 is stainless not nickle. A quality S&W K frame for $400 or so ain't a bad deal...

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

What the phone number for this place?

4. paul

paul New Member

S&W 66 SS not nickle..

:)ur absolutely correct. Stainless. It's a beaut. $400 is just an OK price from what I'm seeing. I guess it would be a great price if I was in the market for one. I just came across this one and liked it, alot. If I can get it out the door for $400.00, with tax, then I will take it, at least that's what I want to propose as an offer. I keep seeing how accurate it shoots, liked that bright orange front site, is that paint, plastic, removable, replaceable, etc? I understand it's called a "Combat" revolver

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If it is not a police trade in, that may be a fair price. The prices for used S&W revolvers have skyrocketed over the last few years! It seems like only a few years ago a nice used 66 was about $275.

I guess the new guns with the "Locks" do not have the appeal of the classics.

6. paul

paul New Member

phone #

I don't have any idea what phone no. is/but its new momandpop store in Dallas area, Gibsims, know how to drive there but I couldn't tell you #s of anypawnshops I go, just kinda get in car and go :). I'll tyr to remember to get it next week, usually go 1 aweek.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Keep in mind the 66 is a K frame and was never designed to shoot 357 as a steady diet. The police used to practice with 38 spl and carry 357. When the police went to practice with duty loads the 66 and 19 started have a lot of failures. S&W no longer makes a 357 on the K frame. The 66 was replaced by the 686.

8. powg

powg New Member

mod 66

boy ,the prices have gone up ..there were cyl timing issues with my 19..the dealer swapped out for a 586 ....but like a dummb *** i sold it ...after that iwill never ,ever sell any gun again. offer the guy 375.00 cash at "closing time'' on the end of the week ,who knows?