Featured S&W M351PD .22 MAG trigger job

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by CowboyBill, Dec 3, 2019.

1. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Member Supporter

Just bought a M351PD .22 MAG, waiting for it to come in. I think I read somewhere that the trigger is quite the pull, anybody have any information on trigger job parts or process? I've dont trigger jobs with great success on many guns but these smaller guns tend to have somewhat limited results.

towboater likes this.
  2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I cant help ya . Hope someone can.

3. CowboyBill

I found a spring kit at Wolf Springs and will polich things up as I go.

Thanks

4. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

If it aint broke dont fix it. Ok what im saying before you go ordering springs and stuff. Try it 1st. Yes in double action pull will be harder. In single action it should be light. I dont shoot my revolvers in D/A. Part of that is habit. My 1st wheel gun was S/A and ones that followed are too. I have 3 that are D/A S/A too.

5. CowboyBill

You need to come pull my triggers, then you'd know why I know it needs a trigger job before it arrives.

PaBushMan likes this.
  6. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

PaBushman, that's not an offer you get everyday:p

CowboyBill and PaBushMan like this.
  7. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Yes i know. If we were close i would take him up on the offer. It would be a lot of fun. My sons henpecked with his new G/F i lost my shooting buddy.

CowboyBill likes this.
  8. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

That should get you were you need to be.

CowboyBill likes this.
  9. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

That’s too bad. Nothing teaches you trigger control like shooting DA revolvers. You get good at that the rest is easy. But most folks avoid it because it’s to “hard”...

10. CowboyBill

Well I picked up the gun today and to say the least, I'm shocked at the trigger pull, this gun makes my "out of the box" Ruger LCR seem like it has a competition target trigger job done on it.

Single action, not terrible at 3.5#, double action...my digital trigger measuring gage only goes up to just shy of 12# and it didn't even budge the trigger. I honestly can't pull the trigger double action with the pad of my trigger finger it's so heavy. I only hope I can make a functional firearm out of this POC, cuz right now it's a paper weight.