s&w m&p

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by 1911_monster, Dec 10, 2011.

1. 1911_monster

1911_monster New Member

How well does a smith and wesson m&p assault rifle work??

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Good, depends, on wutcha using it for.

3. 1911_monster

1911_monster New Member

Most likely home defence hunting and something to talk out to the range with the family. As far as reliability how well do they hold up

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

No such thing as an assault rifle...
    The administration (as well as many law abiding gun owners) prefer just the term "rifle" or "sport utility rifle"

Kind of like using "clips".

Just throwing you the info so you don't get flamed later. Take care.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'd have to say it'd work pretty lousy since S&W won't sell you an assault rifle, as Trip already pointed out.

Assuming you meant an AR semiauto, then you might get your money's worth depending on how much you demand of it. Which model are you talking about?

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I wouldn't have a problem owning a S&W depending on what model it is but there are better speced ARs out there that can be had at a much better value. There are also much better choices in the AR world if your plan is to assault people w/ it. If that was my intentions I'd go w/ something more proven.

7. triggernomic

triggernomic New Member

I think AR means Aluminum Rifle, doesn't it? Not trying to pick, just saying. Other than that, I've heard nothing but good things about the M&P. If only it were a .22WMR instead. Drum mags for the M&P are fairly cheap from what I've seen, also. A little pricey for a .22LR IMO. A ruger 10/22 will cost much less. The 10/22 has many years of proven reliability under its belt. Loads of aftermarket parts.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

AR stands for Armalite. The first maker if the rifle as designed by Eugene Stoner, IIRC.

It has since been use to refer to any rifle of the same design/appearance, and more recently, the anti 2A have decided that it MUST stand for "Assault Rifle" because guns are evil and that particular style is particularly evil. At least there what they think.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Buy the M&P15 sport. Good rifle r5 melonite caoted barrel .It will do all did of it for well over 99% of ar users. Also more accurate than many Ar's. Street price can be around 600 and under. Not like your going to war and you will have sw back it up if ever needed. You can also look at Pallmeto State Arms for there basic M4 at 500 dollars . Also unlike some hinger priced ar;s good factory support. maybe this will help
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ger/-gun-review-smith-and-wesson-mp15-sport/

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well that's a new one! :D

I'll take it over the OP's term.