S&W M&P Shield Issues...

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Stillersfan, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I brought the Shield to the range over the weekend and discovered that I was having FTE issues. At first I thought my wife was limp wristing it, but when I tried it I got the same issue. I tired different magazines and still had the issues. Has anyone experienced this?

2. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Might be .. I was using WWB a few weeks ago with no issues. I was using Remington UPC 115grn FMJ. I wonder if the rounds aren't hot enough to extract??

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Quite possible. Switch back to the other ammo and see if the issue is resolved. It's not uncommon for some guns to be finicky.

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Odd, not impossible, but odd. My friend's full size m&p eats wwb when we go out. That and Blazer and my Remington umc. But as Mountyman said, some guns are picky for some reason. Good luck, I'd be interested in knowing the result

5. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Was the pistol cleaned and oiled properly before shooting it?

6. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Yes Sir... Clean all my pistols with Ballistol after every trip to the range. I make sure all my guns are properly cleaned and oiled.