Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
I carry a 9mm. Shield 1.0 or an S&W model 12-2. Mauser shooter & collector
10,054 Posts
I carry a 1.0 Shield in a Bianchi 100 IWB holster. Two magazines have a Magguts 1+ spring installed for a total of 19 rounds carried. The little 9mm. is just dead nuts reliable with at least 3K+ through it. No matter how much I want a new S&W CSX I can talk myself out of dropping $600 because I can't recall it ever failing. Why chance it?

The Houge grip sleeve makes it perfect.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Shoe Sleeve Finger Gadget Musical instrument

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know the Hinged trigger on my 2.0 Shield 9mm is absolutely perfect but the one my SD9 FDE has pinches my trigger finger & I'm fairly tough for a 56-year-old man being I was a maintenance tech
Received an Apex Tactical Trigger & Spring Kit today for the SD & just started putting it in
I have the slide done & have moved to the frame now & took a break for dinner @ 9:00pm
The Apex trigger has a Glock Style trigger safety instead of the hinged trigger
I'll be back later with the results
HK

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I just brought home the M&p 22 compact today.
It needed a bit of oil, a bit of break-in but I think it will be fine.
I've only put a few magazines through it today....but it's getting a bit looser and no more FTE's
It will take a few hundred rounds I am sure to get it smooth.
But the feel, the size and quality is evident.
And I'm a S&W fan any way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I came across a case for a 22 Compact M&P & Our 380EZ fits in fairly well
Makes you wonder why some come in a cardboard box & others get a case
Wake up S&W Put Every handgun in a proper gun case
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory
Light Luggage and bags Bag Font Material property
White Everyday carry Gadget Luggage and bags Air gun

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I was going to suggest it was relative to the cost of the gun. But maybe it is more about cost cutting for the mfg.
My older S&W purchases came it hard cases, the newer ones in cardboard. Even my first, cheap .S&W 22a has a hard case.
I save all the boxes anyway in case I need to pack them up, like did when I moved.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put an Apex Trigger & Spring Kit in the SD9 S&W & had fantastic results afterwards
My Stick-On grip came lose so I just removed those & cleaned the residue off with rubbing alcohol
The trigger pull is now about 5lbs & smooth & crisp with much reduced pre travel & over travel
Feels like a Glock with a Minus Connector Now! (y)
Product Rectangle Automotive lighting Cosmetics Font

👆 Also bought a 2nd Magazine for the 380EZ as it only came with One but got it cheap because of that
Back when the magazines where hard to find the Gun Shop had removed one so their Mother's pistol would an extra, The new magazine has a much stronger spring than the old one does
Going to call S&W & ask for a couple new magazine springs
Personal computer Computer Table Laptop Netbook
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

I Paid $285 for this Pistol + Added $45 for the Trigger & Springs + $30 for a 3rd Magazine = $360

·
Supporting Member
14,395 Posts
Headknoker

I would like to have one like your good-looking Pistol! Only I would like to have a Red Dot on it. May check around for one. Thanks for the great pictures!

Reactions: HEADKNOCKER
1 - 10 of 10 Posts