Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good pistol to conceal. Open for ideas. Looking for something comfortable but prefer to stick with a .45. Also could use help on choosing a IWB holster! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Either pistol should be good. Both brands have a rep for great CS if needed. I have a XD40SC and it's been excellent. As I recall the S&Ws are priced better. It will come down to preference.
Holsters? Try here:
http://theisholsters.com/
I have one and its well made and comfortable. Great value too.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Springfield XDS hands down is the best conceal carry weapon IMO. Not punishing to shoot, super compact, good sights and recoil is very manageable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Think of it this way if you only use it to carry wont matter. I carry a really small gun that don't fit cause it is easy to hide. Only shoot it Welshmen I would NEED to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sickcobra08 said:
Think of it this way if you only use it to carry wont matter. I carry a really small gun that don't fit cause it is easy to hide. Only shoot it Welshmen I would NEED to.
Great way to look at it. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Personally I chose a Glock 36 as my primary carry pistol but the two you mentioned are quite comparable and both good choices. If I had to chose between the two I'd go with the M&P but that's just personal choice. YMMV.

For a holster I really like the "Summer Special" style IWB holster. I think Milt Sparks was the originator but several holster manufacturers make similar offerings.

image-2570151982.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
Looking for a good pistol to conceal. Open for ideas. Looking for something comfortable but prefer to stick with a .45. Also could use help on choosing a IWB holster! Thanks guys!
Just remember to keep the barrel length on the 45 at at least 4.25 inches (Commander length). Any shorter and you may as well carry a sling shot as the velocity will be drastically reduced!!!:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts