S&W M&P .45 Compact or XDm .45 3.8

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Camoking1206, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Camoking1206

Camoking1206 New Member

Looking for a good pistol to conceal. Open for ideas. Looking for something comfortable but prefer to stick with a .45. Also could use help on choosing a IWB holster! Thanks guys!

2. cheftonyb

cheftonyb New Member

Glock 27 its .40, crossbreed holster. I'm 5'8" 165 and this set up is comfortable and easy to conceal.

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Either pistol should be good. Both brands have a rep for great CS if needed. I have a XD40SC and it's been excellent. As I recall the S&Ws are priced better. It will come down to preference.
    Holsters? Try here:
    http://theisholsters.com/
    I have one and its well made and comfortable. Great value too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Commander sized 1911 is the only is recommend. Think that's the smaller of the 1911s, might check out Officer size as well.

5. miget63

miget63 New Member

Springfield XDS hands down is the best conceal carry weapon IMO. Not punishing to shoot, super compact, good sights and recoil is very manageable.

6. Camoking1206

Camoking1206 New Member

I was thinking about the XDS but the grip is way to thin for me

7. sickcobra08

sickcobra08 New Member

Think of it this way if you only use it to carry wont matter. I carry a really small gun that don't fit cause it is easy to hide. Only shoot it Welshmen I would NEED to.

8. Camoking1206

Camoking1206 New Member

Great way to look at it. Thanks for the input!

9. mdauben

mdauben New Member

Personally I chose a Glock 36 as my primary carry pistol but the two you mentioned are quite comparable and both good choices. If I had to chose between the two I'd go with the M&P but that's just personal choice. YMMV.

For a holster I really like the "Summer Special" style IWB holster. I think Milt Sparks was the originator but several holster manufacturers make similar offerings.

image-2570151982.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Just remember to keep the barrel length on the 45 at at least 4.25 inches (Commander length). Any shorter and you may as well carry a sling shot as the velocity will be drastically reduced!!!:eek: