S&w m&p 15 ** $749.95 ** nib

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by canebrake, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Fatso

Fatso New Member

This is my first post! I actually picked up one of those deals. In the market for some reasonably priced and usable sights!

2. carryon

carryon New Member

I just bought one of these from budspolicesupply.com and got it for $550.00 after the $100 rebate. Sweet deal. Anyway, I got frustrated trying to find sights for that high profile has block (I think the grey colored block is ugly too) so I easily took mine off. I'll be adding FF rail and low pro gas block and will probably just get some Magpul MBUS sights to put on the quad rail and call it good. Here's a link to how I removed the gas block if you're interested.

LINK: Can I remove this gas block?? (PICS included) - AR15.COM

3. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

I put the Spikes Tactical Q.D.S. (made by YHM) on my buddy's S&W that uses the same gas block as the one pictured. It covers the ugly gas block & has a cool spider on it too. As mentioned, you need to use a low profile sight w/that gas block. I used the one that has the HK style front hood, which I really prefer over the normal AR style. It has an absolute co-witness when used with an Eotech SPS 2.0.

Q.D.S. Sights YHM front and rear [SAS50S1-x] - $199.00 : Spikes Tactical

Here's just the front for a pretty good price.
    http://www.gunkings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=105_102&products_id=887

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  4. Fatso

Fatso New Member

I settled on some cheap UTG sights. A2 detachable carry handle and low pro front sight. Not crazy about the front sight but it'll do until I decide on what I really want to put on the front. I also put on a hogue rubber grip. All told I spent about $60 on the sights. I know they're not the best but I have a lot of research to do and just wanted to get shooting! So now I have the rifle, sights, 5 mags, 100 rds, and a rubber grip. All for under $850! Can't beat it! Thanks for the replies fellas.

[​IMG]