S&w m&p 15-22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Budasac, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Budasac

Budasac New Member

Hi guys, first post here. New to the sport (Actually still waiting for my paperwork to come back. Any day now.)

Anyway, I have a Glock 23 and was looking to get a .22 rifle since that's all most indoor ranges around here allow. My buddy has an AR 15 and pointed out to me that S&W now has a.22 cal AR 15. Not sure the price yet ( He knows a private dealer) but retail is <$500.

Does anyone have one? Opinions? Just lookin for a plinker for fun. Thanks.

2. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Welcome from Union County, NC. I have an M&P 15-22 and love it! :)

3. Budasac

Budasac New Member

Thank you for the response. After posting here I realized there is a dedicated AR forum and posted the same thread there. It appears everyone is quite happy with their little 15-22. Definitely gonna grab me one. Thanks again.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  4. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

Get one! I love mine eats everything, over 4000 rounds, keep it clean and it will not let you down.

Attached Files:

5. OldEagleEars

OldEagleEars New Member

Big dittos on the previous comments! I bought mine because I wanted something that had the feel of the M16A1 I carried in Vietnam but didn't want the power and ammo expense of a regular AR (I got one out of two of my wishes at least!). The 15-22 can accept almost any accessory that can be hung on a "real" AR, even a new performance trigger assembly is pretty much a drop-in. The S&W site has a dedicated 15-22 forum that will fill your head with some of the possibilities for customizing the gun and is a good source of specific information.
    It is a great little gun, you will enjoy it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.