S&w m&p 15-22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by fivefourfiveX39, Jan 23, 2013.

1. fivefourfiveX39

fivefourfiveX39 New Member

what is the dependability of your rifle FTF or FTE? As well reliability in terms of feeding different ammo types?

2. nfmus209

nfmus209 New Member

I love mine! It does really well with most ammos, the only ammo I didnt like in it was remington. No ftfs no ftes, only issue is its not a .223. Going to buy 2 more, if they dont ban them, one for the wife and one for the daughter.

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Great gun. I've put over 8,000 rounds through mine and not one FTF or FTE other than a couple FTFs that were ammo related and not the gun. I mostly run Federal bulk through mine. Occasional CCI but never Remington.

4. fivefourfiveX39

Nice Remington actually just started there new line if golden bullets and there really good shooting and reliable, just bought some CHOOT'EM series CCI ammo for it!

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Love the gun. It doesn't like Remington, and can be a little finicky with Federal. The hotter the better.

6. fivefourfiveX39

image-1357938890.jpg

IT LOVES THESE, there new

7. ScottA

I'll probably try them. If they hang up, I'll just run them through the revolver.

8. fivefourfiveX39

Not a 5.45 either for that matter but 25 rounds of .22 flying at you would still kill the **** out of you.

9. ScottA

Or at least really ruin your day.

10. fivefourfiveX39

Yes indeed my friend a .22 can kill just as easy as any other caliber

11. nfmus209

nfmus209 New Member

.22 can kill just as easy, but it would have been nice to pick up a .223 for the price of the .22! CCI through it is amazing, so it has become my favorite ammo for the 15-22. Fun gun, no regrets, like I said I want 2 more.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ive got about 10k through mine of many different brands of ammo all types. Only stoppages are due to severely underpowered rounds and the occasional dud. Nothing due to the fault of the gun itself

13. fivefourfiveX39

True I prefer the 5.45x39mm which is just as effective.

14. fivefourfiveX39

Good to know just wanna make shure I get a long life out of her, just got her over Christmas. bought for 500.00 even.

15. mag318

mag318 Member

The M&P15-22 is one of the neatest firearms Smith & Wesson has come out with. Amazing company, whoever thought they'd make ARs and 1911s, and good ones at that. The 15-22 is a reliable, accurate rifle, I don't recall ever having a single malfunction in mine.

Attached Files:

16. fivefourfiveX39

Nice rifle very nice

17. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

I just bought one myself yesterday, looking to put a scope/red dot on and a vertical hand grip. Anyone have any recommendations? Looking for good quality stuff but not looking to spend an arm and a leg. Also might put a light and laser on it for fun.
    Thanks,

image-1549348418.jpg

Ben

18. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I bought my wife the pink tiger stripe camo edition for her birthday. She and my 11 year old love shooting it. It like CCI 40 grain the best by far. Someone told me that shooting regular lead tip is not recommended. I have shot just about everything through it and some of the cheaper stuff did have a few FTF issues. I just stick to CCI nowadays. Just got 1000 rounds from Woodburys yesterday!

19. Kai

Kai New Member

I've put thousands of rounds through mine with maybe a couple of FTF's total.
    Very inexpensive way to keep skills sharp and lots of fun to shoot.
    My wife loves to shoot it as well...maybe more than her 10/22...uh oh!

20. slimchancepistolero

slimchancepistolero New Member

i love the S&W 15-22 .. have it about a year now and have found that it runs much better wet .... the other day my grandson and some friends came down to the farm and ask to shoot the 15-22 ... in the first 25 rnd mag hardly any federal bulk fired .... all had hits but no boom .... opened the gun and sprayed the bolt with hoppys gun spray ..... no FTF the rest of the afternoon (full bulk box) .... and that is the way this gun has performed in the past