S&W M&P 15-22/accessories

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by basscat89, Feb 20, 2013.

1. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

Have a S&W M&P 15-22, I would like to put some flat dark earth accessories on it (flip up sights, pistol grig, fore grip) that kinda stuff. But they're so freakin expensive. I'd have more money in the accessories than I do in the gun. So my question is, I found that magpul has a line of the same accessories, but they're made in china and cost less, basically made for airsoft. Does anyone think there would be a problem putting them on a .22 since there is very little recoil?

2. jack80

jack80 New Member

I was just about to ask the same question. I don't see why not. I picked up a pair of flip up sights for $20 last night. I've been looking at other accessories as well.
    Maybe since we're in the same boat you've been looking at optics as well. I seen the NcStar Mark III as a possible option for $75. Ever use that brand?

3. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

I just bought a magpul vertical grip new off eBay, made in the USA, not china for $22 shipped for mine. I heard of people putting the china stuff on with no problems but I'd rather spend a lil more and get the real stuff but that's just me.

4. nixfix

nixfix New Member

I've had a Truglo red dot on mine for a while, stays perfectly zeroed. As you said, recoil is negligible.

5. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

That's exactly what I have on mine, the NcSTAR Mark III is gold. I love it.

6. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

I got lucky and found a pistol grip and fore grip magpul (USA). Traded a friend for a glock mag that was worth about $20. But as far as the more expensive stuff like stocks and flip up sights, I spent the big bucks for them on my M4 5.56, but I just don't want to put that kind of cash out on a gun that I just use for plinking and shootin squirrels

7. jack80

jack80 New Member

Good deal. I'm gonna go ahead and order mine.

8. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

Awesome!!! Let me know how it works out for ya

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I had one and had problems but it was on a 223. The lowest setting on the lit reticle is way too bright. The reticle shot loose. It does not have the proper parallax correction for rimfire. They did replace it and I sold the new one.

10. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

Yea, I was going to put one on a 5.56, but just didn't think it was sturdy enough. But on my .22 it's been great. Even using quick release to remove it and put it back on, it holds zero

11. jack80

jack80 New Member

I'll let ya know how it turns out.

I wouldn't put one on my Ruger or anything, but on a $400 22 I think it'd be perfect. I guess we'll see.

12. jack80

jack80 New Member

Since we're on accessories I'm lookin for a couple magazines since it only came with one. Anyone used the non S&W mags?

13. nixfix

nixfix New Member

I bought the Plinker Tactical 35-rounds from Cabelas. Works fine, but its Gigantic! I would wait for the factory ones, alas, they're probably months from becoming widely available again.

14. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

I also have two of the plinkerton 35 rounders, they are pretty big, but you have to admit that for a .22 magazine they're about as sturdy as they come

15. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I put the angled fore grip on mine. The cheaper foregrip. Its fine.

16. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I have two of the 35 Rounders. They are big. But they are also built sturdy and solid. I never load them past 30 though. Takes forever and its rough on hands. Also it jams up alot with a full 35 in it.

17. dan01

dan01 New Member

I use only the 25 round mags.......I have several NcStar scopes that I think are great.....I have only used them on 22s so I can't say how they would hold up to high recoil......

I also have two 30 round mags for my Walther Colt C 4 22 cal that I would trade for 20 round mags in a heart beat....

18. nixfix

nixfix New Member

Plinkerton, that's the name. Yes, they are well built for sure. Also like the load assist.

19. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

Are they Branded under the Magpul Name, or another Name? I've got two boxes of Magpul AFG's and AFG-2's in front of me, and they say, "Designed in Colorado, Made in the USA".

Just curious, Thanks!

Cheers!

BB

20. basscat89

basscat89 New Member

Yea they're magpul, but watch for magpul PTS (professional training & simulation). They're made in china for world wide distribution. And because most of the parts are a fraction of the price, they're used on airsoft and paintball stuff. They're not recommended for firearm use, I don't think they hold up to high recoil very well, but I haven't had any trouble using them on my m&p 15-22