I haven't seen a lot of information on the S&W M&P 10 being built yet so I've decided to see what I can do with one of them. Going to build it for mid-range (600 - 800 meters); most likely in stages to see what results I get out of each step. If you're not familiar with the M&P 10 the nice things about it are that it is completely ambidextrous and has a 18" 5R barrel. I bought the gun a few months ago and did a few things to it just to make it more comfortable and threw a cheap scope on it. The results were about what I expected but not stellar. I mounted a Osprey 10-40x50 scope on Burris ex-high tactical rings and outfitted the gun with Magpul furniture and an NCstar bi-pod. Well the gun just wasn't comfortable; the scope was too high, I didn't care for the reticle at all and my groups fell just short of MOA. This was most certainly not the gun, just not a good combination. That said the other day I ordered and got in a SWFA 10x40 SS scope and a PEPR mount. Bore sighted the scope yesterday and plan on taking it out soon to see what the results are but just from bore sighting it I can say the scope is head and shoulders a better setup. Scope height is almost perfect and the gun is MUCH more comfortable to shoulder . So my plans for this gun include a Apex free float hand guard, YHM low profile gas block and a Geissele SSA-E trigger next. The next stage will most likely be either a Harris or Blackhawk bi-pod, a Magpul PRS stock with a DPMS buffer tube (S&W makes a spring spacer for this setup that can be ordered thru customer service) and a Accu-Shot monopod. Also thinking at this stage I may go to a Aadmount 20 MOA scope mount; I'll have to see how the PEPR works out next trip out with the gun. The final stages I'm struggling with a little but right now my thought process is that they would be a JP Enterprises recoil eliminator and perhaps a JP Enterprises captured spring buffer & spacer. The reason I say I'm struggling with this a little is because I bought a "compliant" gun for the purpose of not having any muzzle treatment that could shift POI. Anyone who would care to comment on your experiences with any of the above mentioned components or offer suggestions of better choices is more than welcome to do so. I expect that this build will take several months to complete doing it in this manner so I have plenty of time to make changes. I don't have any pictures yet with the PEPR and SWFA scope but this is how the gun started life.