S&W Joining Ruger

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Forum' started by Threetango, Jan 23, 2014.

1. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

I suspect them lawmakers knew "EXACTLY" what they were doing.

If your an anti gun state....this works to your benefit.
    Just another move to control/eliminate guns.

You think they didnt know the consquences prior to whipping up another stupid law.

Jim

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Micro stamping: an expensive non-solution to a non-problem.

Of course if the goal is to make selling firearms in CA not worth the trouble and expense, then the law is spot on.

3. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Very interesting article and approach. They don't even mention those who reload their own. They may buy empty shells that came from a crime scene and not know it.

Leave it to California...hope Ruger and S&W both make it out and keep their products safe and competitive.

Sometimes I think these creative minds just try to think of ways to wear out their opponent to win the battle.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Both should also refuse to sell to the state government agencies. Now if all the gun companies did this we would get somewhere.

5. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

Barrett won't sell guns or parts to Calif. Now we have Ruger and S&W ?
    I own a couple of Rugers and Smith semis. I just hope we can still but parts and accessories.

6. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Being from IL I cannot buy firearms out of state. Are Californians in the same boat, or can they cross the border with their business?

7. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

You have to have a driver's license for the state you are buying the weapon

EZ

8. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

+1............

9. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Ammunition manufacturers should also pull out of California, the micro stamping process could cause the round to become jammed in the barrel causing a very unsafe situation. Ammunition companies cannot be certain that only LE will get their ammunition so all shipments should be stopped immediately.

10. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I believe that S&W received a police order from California. I agree completely. This stupid assed law should apply to everyone. More legal violations and movements towards a police state.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I cannot help but wonder what would happen if everybody outside of California stopped selling to anybody in California. Period. NO exceptions. Might it cause such an uprising that they would have to back off on their laws?

12. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

And us Californians would sure hope you guys would have our back

EZ

13. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

YES!

1) remove all jobs and tax dollars by moving all manufacturing to a gun friendly state. there are states that support the firearms industry that deserve those jobs and tax dollars.

2) refuse to sell any weapons to ANY state agencies within the state, unless they comply with the same regulations for citizens (don't sell NY cops magazines any greater than 5 rounds ;). don't ship ANY guns to anyone in the state. (but be sure to have plenty of gun stores right on the borders of the state :))

too bad it won't happen....money generally trumps values...the firearms industry is likely no exception.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Hopefully, all the factory workers, and others employees of the

company will move out with them. Maybe the loss of a large chunk of

the state's gross product will wake up the tardninnies in Ca.'s Capitol.

Probably not...

15. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

What happens when you make in demand products illegal? You create a black market for those products!

All those idiots in California will accomplish through this action is to increase the illegal gun trade.

The advantage is now with the criminals! Typical libtard thinking! Let's excuse illegal aliens while at the same time making criminals out of law abiding citizens. If I lived there, I really would move. It's not the United States of America, its it's own retarded state run mess.

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It is against the law for anyone outside of California to sell a firearm to any California citizen. No FFL or dealer outside may sell a forearm to anyone with a California identification. :)

17. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Does that include you buying a firearm from an out of state FFL, and having it shipped to your local FFL and having it properly transferred? Otherwise, no Gunbroker or Bud's sales to Cali?

18. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

and how exactly would you like us to get your back? we can't vote in California, and I would not get involved with illegal gun sales to you. writing MY congressfolk will do nothing for your cause

sorry man this is borne from of years of tolerance for liberal crackpots in your state. I'm not saying you caused this but you live somewhere that has allowed all that led up to this and for your own reasons decided to stay put. It did not happen overnight. if you remain in CA it will not get better, there are too many damned problems in your state and too many goddam old hippies who vote libby along with all the young ones

I do not blame these gun manufacturers and if I were you I'd prepare for others to join in the CA boycott.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  19. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

^^^ +1, he's right, sorry Cali.

But it's possible that by not selling a thing to anyone in Cali, we WOULD have your back. What do you think would happen if no law enforcement agency in the state could get any guns, or ammo? Things'd change.