Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone offered to trade me a Virginia dragoon in 44mag for my S&W 19-3 in .357. The finish isnt great on either weapon. I think my Smith is worth more, what do you guys think? Pictures of each

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Dang! It's hard for me to say this, but I wouldn't do it.

The Virginian Dragoon was a fair single action .44 Magnum revolver. The Smith & Wesson Model 19 is a superb double action .357 Magnum revolver.

Of all the single action revovlers, I like the Dragoon the least. It's a good solid, stout built sixgun, and capable of good accuracy, but not in the same ballpark as a Ruger Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk, nor the Italian clones.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I turned the offer down, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out before there was time to change my mind lol.

Question: what What you pay for my 19 in the condition it is in?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I turned the offer down, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out before there was time to change my mind lol.

Question: what What you pay for my 19 in the condition it is in?
More than i wud that Dragoon ;)

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Good move. I think the Model 19 is one of the best revolvers S&W ever made.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
$400 to $500 on yours. Yours looks like a 6 inch. Might not be quite as popular.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
That barrel could be a plus or a minus. They are not as popular. If a guy wanted one he would likely pay a premium to get one as they are rather uncommon. You just have to find the right guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts