S&W Airlite Model 317 Kit Gun

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by aldematt57, Sep 7, 2013.

1. aldematt57

aldematt57 New Member

I just purchased a Kit Gun (.22) for plinking and I am expecting delivery in a few days. The gun weighs in at 11.7 ounces fully loaded.

image-4081728947.jpg

I can't wait to get this little gem. Very hard to come by!

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats on your new friend. I'm been thinking of a wheel gun in .22 as well.

We're gonna need pics when you get the gun in.

Also, please stop by the introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself when you get the time.

3. mdauben

mdauben New Member

Nice! his gun is on my long term shopping list. I actually saw a like new used one for a very good price at my FLGS last year and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it. :(

4. aldematt57

aldematt57 New Member

Will send pics! Thank you!
    I will also drop by the introduction thread too.

5. aldematt57

aldematt57 New Member

This one is also "like new" and it was darned expensive too! I just had to have it! :)

6. Clem

Clem Member

I have one of those little guys. I quickly found I didn’t care for the V rear sight/round HiViz front sight combo. I had to change mine for a standard square rear/black, serrated ramp front combo. I was also very pleasantly surprised how accurate it is with ammo it likes. Mine likes Federal match stuff. It also shoots CCI MiniMag well. Experimenting with ammo is half the fun. It is sure light and makes a great carry gun. I also found the grips pretty small for my large hands and have Pachmayr Gripper grips on mine.

Attached Files:

• 061.jpg
      061.jpg
      File size:
      30.1 KB
      Views:
  7. aldematt57

aldematt57 New Member

Awesome! Mine also likes Federal and CCI! That's sorta' weird that I started out with those 2 rounds!