S & W 9mm sigma (lefty?)

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by trainryche, Nov 29, 2010.

1. trainryche

trainryche New Member

Just bought this gun (my first) without even considering the fact that I am left handed. is there any reasonably easy way to switch the side of the magazine release button? I can use my index finger but the gun isn't as secure as I'd like it to be when doing that.

While I am thinking of it (for the future) are there left handed or ambidextrous guns?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The S&W M&P has a reversible mag release. The HK USP, S&W/Walther P-99 and Springfield XD have ambi mag releases. Many lefties use their trigger finger or left middle finger to release the mags.

3. DrJason

DrJason New Member

For future reference I would try to test shoot any gun before buying it, the local gunshops in my area with ranges rent many many guns or at lease dry fire it to get a feel if the controls will work for you.....unfortunately you live in a right-handed world that does not always take into account that there are lefties out there.

I don't believe the mag release is reversible for the Sigma. As was stated the M&P does have a reversible mag release for lefties.

4. trainryche

trainryche New Member

Thanks,
    After handling the gun some more last night I feel the index or middle finger wont be too bad. Did not know about rental or test firing. I will definitely keep that in mind for the future.