S&W 686 manual?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Franciscomv, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I'm the happy owner of an almost new S&W 686, but the previous owner lost the manual. Can it be downloaded as a .pdf somewhere?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

4. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I don't know why you would need a manual. I covers more on "gun safety" than functionallity. A 686 is your basic Stainless Steel six shot revolver in .357 Magnum caliber. You can shoot .38 Specials in it if you like. New 686's have an internal lock, older models don't.

It's an excellent revolver, I bought a 686 w/6" barrel back in the 80's and I still shoot it today. I sort of favor my Colt King Cobra .357 for conceal carry, but the S&W 686 is a rock solid investement that will be in demand for another 75 years or more.

5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I just like to have the manuals for my guns, even though I don't need them in most cases (for anything more complicated than a regular cleaning, they're going to a gunsmith anyway).

6. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Virtually all manuals are available from their respective Mfg's free of charge. (most of the time)

Having an original (hard copy) of the manual and the original box & papers keeps the value of your gun up.