S&W 669 rare?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by WDB, Jun 1, 2011.

1. WDB

WDB New Member

I am a member of a arms trading group (several hundered members). To be a member you have to pass a background check and have to wear your Id tag at shows if you want to buy sell or trade, we have gun shows twice a month in the state and draw a lot of people. We also put out a monthly magizine for member that has a few articles, some NRA info, issues that we should be concerned with and a members sell/trade or wanted item. This month I noticed a guy selling a NIB S&W 669, he said it's rare and manufactured for two years and he's asking $700. I have one not NIB but close to it, I bought it at one of the shows for about $300. True enough they were only manuactured for a short period in time but don't consider them rare or worth that $$. Not a lot of good info on the net that I could find (the price varries greatly). What do you guys know of this pistol?

2. group17

group17 New Member

I just bought one used for $350 in good/great condition. $ 700 seems a lot IMO. One of S&W not mentioned gems.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011

3. WDB

WDB New Member

Thanks for all the response to my question:rolleyes:. Expected I already had the answer, thought maybe some would cmime in with info.

Group, Nice looking pistol and thanks for your input.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

PM C3shooter or M14sRock...they may have some info for you...

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I have been remiss, and out of touch.

The 669 was short lived because of the change over to the 6906 series, which had better ergonomics. Rare? Eh...

CDNN had them (PoPo trade ins) a year or so ago for about $250.

They are good, durable and reliable pistols, just a little 'square'.