S&W 642 Centennial

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by WDB, Mar 13, 2011.

1. WDB

WDB New Member

I went to a local gun show Saturday looking for a mid range 1911 and found none that I was willing to purchase. While disappointed I came across a NIB S&W 642 Centennial airweight. It is another pistol that has been on my need list for several years (light weight 38spl snub nose for summer carry). I had narowed it down to an Airweight or the Ruger LCR. I picked it up for $425 and pretty happy with the deal.

I took it to the range Sunday, not much of a range report but at 15 feet I was able to put all five in center mass 3" group, single hand quick fire on a consistant basis using ball, gold dot HP and +p ammo. IMHO this is what the pistol is intended for, close distance, save my azz if in a bad situaltion. A little bit of a snap but managable and expected with a 1 7/8" barrel and 15 oz weight.

I've already ordered up a IWB and pocket holster (Don Hume). I'm left handed and Don always seems to have quality holsters for us lefty's. I also ordered some five shot speed loader strips. I think I may trade out the grips to get a little more hand on grip (I have big mits).

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That'll do the job. :cool:

3. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Nice gun! I have one also and have hogue grips on it, I like those. I also find this little gun is nice for IWB carry and is easy to carry all day. Congrats on your purchase. :)

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Nice choice Will as these little belly guns will do the job they're intended for quite well. No, they are not bullseye guns, they are "get off me jerk" guns...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed. Congrats Will, very nice choice there. ;)

Dave, I could have some fun with that quote...but naah! :eek: :D