s/w 60 ladysmith

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by LadyHawk, May 19, 2011.

1. LadyHawk

LadyHawk New Member

I drooled over this little gun in a 357 caliber today andn am interested to know if anyone else out there has used this little gun as a concealed carry? I loved everything about the feel adn quality, but also , if anyone has shot tho\i gun themselves, how 'snappy' is it to shoot with 357 versus 38's? Or as compared to a s/w model 36 38 cal.?

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

My wife had a Model 60 and she shot it very accurately with .38 +P's. .357 was a bit snappy for her, but she's a petite woman.

There is .357 ammunition manufactured specifically for short barreled handguns. It has less recoil and less flash.

The Model 60/Ladysmith is a fine revolver.

Last edited: May 20, 2011

3. LadyHawk

LadyHawk New Member

Can order the S/W Lady Smith 357 locally for 629. or is at Bud's for 609. so about the same price after shipping.

I was thinking about laser grips for the gun too, but so far haven't found a price or which ones work best for this gun. So if anybody knows about this stuff , I'm all ears.

4. WDB

WDB New Member

You can shoot 38 special in that pistol so if the 357 is a bit much go to 38 special +P or standard 38 special. I have a 642, it's in the same family of S&W airweights. I CC when the weather gets warm. I've heard nothing but good about the ladysmith.

5. LadyHawk

LadyHawk New Member

Laser sights

Thank you for the links and advice. It is really appreciated.

6. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I have some automatics but I always carry my Smith model 37. You will be happy I'm sure with the Smith.