Firearms Talk banner

S&W 5906 Safety!!

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  rob_6095 
#1 ·
I have a question for any Smith and Wesson Gurus out there. I picked up a 5906 recently and it seems like a good gun but the safety isn't working. I called Smith and Wesson and they're going to send me a warranty tag for it but does anyone know why it could be doing this? Also, any opinions on the 5906 TSW in general?

#2 ·
Are you saying the safety doesn't work at all or that it won't drop the hammer without help?

#4 ·
I field stripped the weapon and it almost looks like someone ground the safety pin off the Safety/Decocking lever. I checked and the third gen 5906s are supposed to have the safety but from what I found some departments ordered them without safeties. Is it a major issue to replace the safety lever?

#5 ·
Wow that's a shame. Hopefully someone will know how much work it is to fix yourself. It would be a shame to have to send it off to S&W and wait but you DO want it done right, especially anything regarding the safety and decocker. Any good gunsmiths nearby?

Again, I hope someone here will have more experience with the 59.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.