S&W 40VE swap

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by fastback4, Apr 28, 2011.

1. fastback4

fastback4 New Member

A local store in town will take my new fired 5 times S&W 40VE plus $300.00 towards a new Springfield HD 40 4". Is this store too high priced. They list this XD for $579.00

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Buds lists the Sigma .40VE for $298 NIB, your dealer is giving you $279...seems fair. Without knowing what the Springer has I would say that $579 is a tad high unless it has Night Sights. A standard XD 4" should run betweem $495-$525, add about $85 for the night sights. Is the Springer a XD or XDm?

3. fastback4

fastback4 New Member

I'll get back with that info. I should have asked that question.......Tom

4. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

consider yourself lucky you got offered over 200 for your Sigma haha local shops here won't go past a hundo for mine hahaha gotta love pistols with bad reps:p

5. fastback4

fastback4 New Member

Sorry for the late reply. Jpyle, the store has a springfield 40XD. and i might do better at a Bill G. gun show this weekend.
    ZombieKiller83, Your right. I am lucky to get offered that much money on a 40VE. Probably because i was ready to buy right now. Anyway, i have now fired over 70 rounds thru this 40VE and at 20 yards on a 10" target i place 10 of 10 rounds in the paint slow firinging. Rapid firing 10 rounds i only hit 4 times. The trigger feels better and i'm more confident shooting this Smith40VE than when i bought it.

6. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

The Sigma is a fine firearm for those with the patience to learn it. I have over 600 rounds through mine and besides the wear marks on top of the barrel it still looks brand new :). Very simple to clean and it goes bang with everything i feed it. The trigger on mine is waaaaaayyy better than it was when i first got it haha and i learned good trigger control with it but it's time to sell and get my Ruger SR40 :D