Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone like these? Have an oppertunity to buy a less then yr old 1. Less than 50 rounds thru it for $ 250.00.
Thx for any input.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I have one. It is reliable. Totally reliable. But it has a crappy trigger. If you want something to defend yourself with you could do a lot worse. If you want something to do bullseye or competition you could do a lot better. $250 is not a bad price.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Does anyone like these? Have an oppertunity to buy a less then yr old 1. Less than 50 rounds thru it for $ 250.00.
Thx for any input.
Shoot it yet? Fine gun, lousy trigger. Pull weight is like a revolver...some like it, some don't.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick1967 said:
I have one. It is reliable. Totally reliable. But it has a crappy trigger. If you want something to defend yourself with you could do a lot worse. If you want something to do bullseye or competition you could do a lot better. $250 is not a bad price.
Thx for the replies, i figured for $250 i won't let it go by.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
The newer model is MUCH better. I have the SD40VE in and it's trigger is a lot smoother.

·
Registered
365 Posts
fev said:
Thx for any input.
Man i have the exact same gun you do. Its not bad for the price. I have fired many rounds through it without problem or any failures. I was shooting on my land at night amd had a two foot by two foot ply wood board about fifteen feet away and loaded four pdx1 jhps in the mag. I fired as fast as i could and i hit the board all four times. This isnt the most pin point pistol but it is for sure a dang good deal. My wife had it for sd and hd when i am at work so i trust it

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I would have already sold it. But it was a gift from my wife. I dont want to hurt her feelings.

·
Registered
136 Posts
silverado113 said:
The newer model is MUCH better. I have the SD40VE in and it's trigger is a lot smoother.
Same here.. The newer version seems to solve all the negatives of the original Sigma... New SDVE 's go fir around $330.. The original is not horrible just takes some time to get use to the trigger.. $250 is a fair price... No great

·
Registered
372 Posts
The sigma is a great gun for the money. You must do the free trigger mod. I learned off a youtube channel "gunsmithUSA". It involves removing two uneccesary springs. It does not void the warranty because you cant put them back anytime. Takes 5 minutes. It cut my trigger pull in half and made it smoother.

ForumRunner_20120720_025739.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
If it was for sale for $150, ill pass on & spend $500 for a Glock. $308 give or take is what they are worth new(s&w). But a gift huh.... If u sell it, u won't hear the end of it lol so keep it & buy 1 u like I guess.

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
My niece enjoys hers.

For the number of rounds she sent down range and no problems to report, it seems to be an okay firearm.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Just picked up the new version of the "sigma" the sd9ve and put 50 rounds through it. For the price I love the way it shoots and the feel in my hand. The bad sdt trigger has been fixed and has a consistent pull of around 4 lbs

·
Registered
136 Posts
bige91603 said:
Just picked up the new version of the "sigma" the sd9ve and put 50 rounds through it. For the price I love the way it shoots and the feel in my hand. The bad sdt trigger has been fixed and has a consistent pull of around 4 lbs
I bought mine in June... 500 rds of .40sw through it 0 problems! Trigger is so much better!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
This was the first and one of only two handguns I have shot and it sadly had the better trigger of the two.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I owned one and traded it off.

Very poor trigger ..

There are just too many good guns out there to own one that's got a poor trigger design

IMHO

:cool:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts