S&W 357 model 586

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by CLJones, Jul 18, 2010.

1. CLJones

CLJones New Member

Any info on this firearm would be helpfull. It looks cerimonial due to the case but the revolver is has a fair amount of wear to it. It comes with a beltbuckle for NM Mounted Patrol. I have emailed them twice with no response. Its a very low number out of 235 produced. History or price would be very helpfull. Thanks much.

Attached Files:

• S&W.jpg
      S&W.jpg
      File size:
      90.1 KB
      Views:
    • S&W1.jpg
      S&W1.jpg
      File size:
      91 KB
      Views:
  2. CLJones

CLJones New Member

in the bottom right of the box is a belt buckle which is not present in the photo.

3. Gortok

Gortok New Member

All I can tell you is that my 686 (from Roswell PD) is pure joy to shoot...

Never sell it. You'll never get what it's worth.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Contact S&W. The number of 235 is kind of odd. How many mounted patrolmen were there when the commemorative was done?
    It could be that a contract was made with an outside vendor to make the commemorative.
    If a group of mounted patrolmen commissioned a special run, then the wear could be that one of the group used it as a daily carry.
    Any papers?

5. CLJones

CLJones New Member

I dont have any paperwork on the gun. Theres only around 125 NM mounted patrol officers currently. Not sure how many there were at the time of production of the pistol. Never thought to call S&W ill give them a shout monday and see if anyone knows anything there.