S&W .357 and .38 special Help?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by scott92, May 3, 2011.

1. scott92

scott92 New Member

I am in the process of getting rid of my snowmobile and i was offered a 1972 S&W .357 and a 1970's .38 special that were from a relative that was a officer for Hudson county... My sled is valued at $900, is this a worthy trade? thank you

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I dunno if I would take that trade. You can find both of those arms used in good condition ranging from $200 to $350 each. S&W models 19 and 10 is what I am seeing considering the years and calibers coupled with the police reference. Both are great guns especially if cop issued.

Do you know the model #'s? Have you had the chance to inspect the handguns offered?

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Hey Skully, you can find a good condition Model 19 for $200 in your neck of the woods? Maybe I need to move to OH.

I would be slow to make that trade. You would need to know what model and what condition before deciding. It could go either way, could be a fair/good deal or you could get hosed. You need to get more information from the guy to know which.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Not every day. Do you have local Bulletin Boards? A buy, sell and trade weekly rag? There was a guy here that had 2 Model 19's he was selling for $225 each. By the time I called they were both gone. The point I was making was that 2 used S&W revolvers of that age don't normally equal $900. If they do in your area then make the trade.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Need model numbers and condition.
    Even if one of them is a very desirable model, it's condition could kill the value.

6. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I picked up my mod. 65 4" for $250, in excellent condition. Just gotta be patient.