S&W 32 CTG Hammerless

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by gunnut78, Sep 27, 2012.

1. gunnut78

gunnut78 New Member

Just acquired a S&W .32 CTG Hammerless nickel revolver. It's in beautiful condition! With only a little research online I found it's been called the "lemon squeezer". Does anyone know anything about these? Date of manufacture, what kind of ammo it can shoot, and anything else you might know? The serial # is 109015.

Attached Files:

2. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

Do a search for "lemon squeezer ' on this site and read alot about them.

3. zombieresponder

zombieresponder New Member

If I'm looking at the Standard Catalog of S&W correctly, that is a .32 Safety Hammerless 2nd Model. Made between 1902 and 1909. It's chambered for the .32 S&W short. I wouldn't shoot it, but that's me. The top break designs aren't very strong, and usually start showing wear quickly. The next big reason is the nickel finish. It's very uncommon to see a gun of that vintage(or newer, for that matter) with an intact nickel plate finish....which leads me to pointing out the possibility of it having been refinished. If it is original, you've got a nice gun worth a few hundred bucks, maybe more at auction though.

4. gunnut78

gunnut78 New Member

Thank you for the info. I had someone else tell me the same thing. How can I tell if it's original or been refinished?

5. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

Post better pictures, including markings on the top of the barrel.

6. gunnut78

gunnut78 New Member

Here are some more pics of my .32 Hammerless, sorry it took so long. :)

Attached Files:

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Lettering looks to sharp to me to be a refinsh job- Nicest one i've seen :cool:
    They are pretty popualar with Cowboy action shooters as "pocket guns" :)

8. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

I agree with HOSSFLY. Looks original.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

In that condition, It is way too valuable to mess with. You have a nice collectible piece there.

10. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

Doesn't look like a refinish. How's the bore look?
    Use a silicone treated cloth to preserve the finish.

11. SatoriNoir

SatoriNoir New Member

A note on ammo, S&W .32 is a hard one to find in stock or available to buy.

The lemon squeezer revolver will not accept the more common S&W .32 Long, so don't be tempted to try and squeeze that round in!

12. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

It's original nickel.

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I had a refinished one years ago. The lettering was no where near that sharp. Got to be original.

14. gunnut78

gunnut78 New Member

Thank you all for your info! I don't plan on shooting it. I would like to find an original box for it. So if any of you know where I can find one, please let me know. I am also wondering where I can find a value on this piece? I knew it was a nice piece when I saw it. I got it for a really good price. :)

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Try Ebay on a box-
    As for expert S&W stuff ask here -Dont usually send folks elsewhere but thats a real nice Smith :)
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php
    If you were close i'd give you some ammo--

16. monet61

monet61 New Member

Here's a couple. Nickle one is 1st Model. Don't remember for sure, but think the rusty one is a 2nd. They both shoot S&W .32 just fine. Hope you enjoy yours.

Attached Files: