S&w 28-2 6" nib

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by aandabooks, Apr 10, 2014.

1. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

My LGS has this gun. Unfired and with all the original paperwork. $625+tax. Is this a run to go get it price or a decent price to think about?

I've been in the market for a 6" .357 for awhile now. I have a 28-2 4" already. This gun will be shot if I buy it if that makes a difference.

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I can't speak to your neck of the woods, but I myself wouldn't let it out of my sight without at least getting it on layaway. YMMV.
    I'd probably shoot it too. N-frame .357s in good shape have not been getting any cheaper. As 27s head for Pythonish price territory, 28s are getting more popular with those who aren't worried about th extra polishing.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Very nice. Sure, careful shooting should be fine. It'll never be NIB again, but if you like and want to keep it, it doesn't matter.

I too love the 28/27, but tip towards the stippled top strap and high polish.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Grab it up! I have been trying to talk a couple of co-workers out of their 6" 28's. I do not know what the production numbers were, but the 4" version is WAAAAYYY more common

5. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

No way.

Where in Cent. Il. is it? Details, please.
    I can be there in a few hours, and I have 4 days off.

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

I love all these "should I guy X gun posts." Everyone on this forum is an enabler. So the answer is always and unequivocalably, yes, you should buy it.

Personally the first N frame .357 I want is an 8 shot.

But I'm an enabler. So go buy it.

Have you bought it yet? What are you waiting for?

7. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Sadly, these days that's a good price.

8. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Just to put a wrap on this thread. I went back the other day to buy the revolver and when the dealer pulled it out of the case he had raised the price $200. Told me after I looked at it the previous day he did some more research and decided to raise the price. I told him that I didn't like the way he did business and he wouldn't be seeing me in his shop anymore. That's the PC forum version.

I was so pissed off that I will never recommend his shop. Just not the way business should be done.

9. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

That's a shame,

Guess you'll need to work on your bartering skills,. . . especially the part where you seem like your not that interested. ..

Perhaps something like this. "Hmmmm. that one looks like something my Grampa had once.. Can I take a look, I'm not sure what he saw in those old things"

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that was crappy! if he had any ethics he would have honored the previous price. but it seems he was more interested in trying to make huge profit than making a long term customer. his loss brother!

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'd never darken his door again :mad:

12. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I have no plans to ever go back. I get around to a lot of different gun shops and I really can do without doing any business in his shop.