S&w 15-22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by larich29, Dec 18, 2011.

1. larich29

larich29 New Member

I am thinking about buying a S&W 15-22. All the reviews I have read have been good. Anyone have any comments on this gun. Good, bad, any advice would b appreciated. Thx.

2. VikingGuy

VikingGuy New Member

I am also thinking about getting one. I am gonna watch this thread, hoping for some good info.

3. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

I liked my first one enough to buy a second two months later.

They are great trainers for the AR type rifles. Everything is pretty much the same layout.

A lot of fun to shoot. Maybe not quite as accurate as my tricked out 10/22 heavy bbls, but darn close & mine run 100%. Whats not to like?

I recommend them to anyone who asks. I also recommend a quick release scope mt for switching between irons & scope. Try one, bet you'll like it! :)

[​IMG]

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I have one and the only bad thing that I have to say about it is that it costs me a fortune in ammo to keep it fed. Thank god it eats all kinds of bulk ammo that I have thrown at it. If I had to go CCI or better just to get it to run, it would be real expensive.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

bet its cheaper than if you shot that all in .223 tho. lol

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  6. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Very true. One of the reasons that I have yet to make the move to a full-size AR.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife likes hers. The only jam we had was with Velocitor which is a very hot load. I think it would need a stronger spring for that round. You could feel the difference in recoil.

8. Myke2209

Myke2209 New Member

They are selling them with a magpul setup that look real nice

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

It's fantastic. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

10. larich29

larich29 New Member

Well I just picked up my 15-22. It looks great. The only bad thing is it's a Christmas present from my wife, and she won't let me shoot it till Christmas. Oh well, I guess I can wait that long.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

did you get the magpul version?? the magpul mbus are superb on that gun. works fantastic. i put their pistol grip on mine plus the sights. ive also got a vortex strikefire on it. just an amazing rifle.

i bet your you are GOING CRAZY waiting for xmas LOLOLOL!!!!

12. larich29

larich29 New Member

No I didn't get the magpul edition. It was not available at my gun shop. I
    got the standard rifle.

13. larich29

larich29 New Member

And yes I am going crazy. I want to shoot it so bad. Lol

14. larich29

larich29 New Member

Well I finally got to shoot my 15-22 and I absolutely love it. I have a BSA red dot optic on it and I love it. I shot 100 rounds and I can't wait to shoot it again.
    The attached pic is from about 15 yrds. After I set the red dot in, that's how it shot. It's a good shooter, but mire importantly, it's awesome to shoot.

image-2435994666.jpg

15. Leathermarshmallow

Leathermarshmallow New Member

The one in the pic is my son's. I liked his so much that I bought one for myself. My two boys love to shoot and try to compete by seeing how many times they can hit a milk jug at 100 yards and keep it moving between them.

Attached Files:

16. larich29

larich29 New Member

Nice collection! I want a bigger caliber one day. I figures I would get used to the AR format on a .22 then move up.

17. raveneap

raveneap New Member

The 15-22 in the most fun I've ever had with a .22 rifle. Gave my first one to my son & his family and bought another.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The next time to the range, my MP 15-22 is a coming, this last time the Ruger SR-22 came to the range. Shooting both at 50, 100 of even 200 yards is fun.