1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,433 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, i haven't used that... but man, i sure wish all the manufacturers would generate spec sheets like that for their ammo. That's fantastic.
S&B ammo is good stuff. I have quite a bit in various calibers. Their loads are to European Standards instead of the weak stuff we see here a lot. I'm real temped to try a couple of boxes of this stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,433 Posts
S&B ammo is good stuff. I have quite a bit in various calibers. Their loads are to European Standards instead of the weak stuff we see here a lot. I'm real temped to try a couple of boxes of this stuff.
I've always like their stuff too. I've just neber seen a specs page.like that for factory stuff. Pretty cool.

·
Proud to be an American
3,971 Posts
I agree, they do make some nice ammo, the specs are impressive the only takeaway I have is the test barrel is 6" long. Not many .380 pistols have barrels much past half of that.

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Quality is generally very good with S&B ammo. The “defensive” rounds, however have seemed to lack in reliable expansion. Many folks who carry .380 opt for fmj rounds anyway, because getting that balance of expansion and penetration in .380 tends to be pretty tough. When they expand they tend to under-penetrate. When they penetrate deep enough, they tend to have not expanded.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I may try it out, but for my Bersa Thunder .380 Combat, it has been 100% reliable with both PMC and Blazer Brass - both FMJ. Hard to "mess with success"...

·
Supporting Member
14,395 Posts
Oldoutlaw

I do not know about their 380 and other pistol ammo! But I would estimate it to be good quality.
The reason I say that, is when I got my 338 Lapua Magnum Rifle four boxes of Sellier and Belot 250 gr. Match Ammo was with it. The point being it was excellent ammunition. So I would assume there other ammunition is of the same high quality! I am still reloading their cases from first firing them. So the brass is good as well!
So I would say go for it! (y)

Reactions: Oldoutlaw

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oldoutlaw

I do not know about their 380 and other pistol ammo! But I would estimate it to be good quality.
The reason I say that, is when I got my 338 Lapua Magnum Rifle four boxes of Sellier and Belot 250 gr. Match Ammo was with it. The point being it was excellent ammunition. So I would assume there other ammunition is of the same high quality! I am still reloading their cases from first firing them. So the brass is good as well!
So I would say go for it! (y)

I think I will order 2 boxes for a trial. Just to see what that all copper bullet can do. They say that Police in Europe use it. For $32 total shipped price, I will get some.

·
Supporting Member
14,395 Posts
Just for information, the Sig Academy uses copper rounds at Sig's indoor Pistol Range for instructing their classes.
I have been there and shot them and did not notice any real difference. Then after so many rounds they simply sweep up the Copper dust and fragments off the floor and sell it by the pound. (y)

So, if you shoot someone with them dig the bullets out their worth money! :p

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just for information, the Sig Academy uses copper rounds at Sig's indoor Pistol Range for instructing their classes.
I have been there and shot them and did not notice any real difference. Then after so many rounds they simply sweep up the Copper dust and fragments off the floor and sell it by the pound. (y)

So, if you shoot someone with them dig the bullets out their worth money! :p

I ordered from Target Sports, so since I get free delivery from them, I added on 2 more 30 cal steel ammo cans. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts