rws ammo

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jjfuller1, Jun 26, 2011.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

ok so i just bought some rws .40 sw match grade 180 fmj ammo from sportsmans guide.. 250rds for 79.99.. i havent shot it but its the same price as me getting the federals i normally shooot so i was hoping for the best. any one shoot this ammo before??

also, they had some 7.62x54r.. 440 rnds.for $85 it did state it was 30years old. however it was sealed. is it worth it?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Can't speak to the .40, but I had some .380 that was ok. A bit dirty, but no big deal.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've shot quite a bit of the RWS 124gr 9mm. I liked it enough that I'm still sitting on about 1200 rounds. Excellent ammo, clean and fast...good for replicating the kick of defense ammo. Be aware that the bullets are actually magnetic, probably from some sort of inner steel plating.

4. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I try to stay with ammo manufactured in the USA.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

so i got my ammo today. it looks like its alot better quality than what i had been shooting. wont know for sure untill i shoot it. but its looks nice and clean

Attached Files:

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

RWS is better quality than the vast majority of domestic FMJ options, IMO.

I also like how tight they package this stuff. It takes up less space in your shelves, safe, or range bag. This is an attribute I value, and it's why I'll pay an extra buck or two to buy the 100rd WWB's in 9mm/45acp over the 50rd boxes of Fed Champion or Rem UMC. I wish everyone would pack their FMJs like sardines. Winchester and RWS do exactly that.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Cupro-Nickle jackets are slightly magnetic. There is no steel in them

Most US ammo has gilding metal jackets that are not magnetic. Europeans seem to prefer the Cupro-Nickle.

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

So that's why....thanks for the clarification.

I had really wondered about that when I first started shooting RWS. They're attractive enough that a small magnet will jump almost an inch from the primer end to the bullet head, from outside of a sealed box.