Russian SVT-40 questions

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by sputnik1988, Jan 6, 2011.

1. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I've been toying with the idea of picking up an SVT-40, assuming i can find one at a reasonable price, but i can't seem to find much info on them. I ALMOST bought a 91/30 Nagant a few weeks ago but would rather hold out for the '40 if prices are similar ( I don't mean 100 bucks, i mean most Mil-surp semi autos are pricey, compared to rifles like Garands). Anyone have any info? Thanks.

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

And SVT40 will run much more than an M1. $900.00 for a starting point and up to $1400.00. Not in the ball park of a 91/30.
    Military Rifles for sale

3. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

Ruh roh, the auto-nagant. Prepare your wallet and your shoulder! :eek:

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Thanks guys, looks like it's a no go on the SVT.

5. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

If you ever want to touch one, Jackson Armory in Dallas, TX usually keeps a few in stock. However, you'll find it's not worth the collectible price they command, unless you just HAVE to complete your collection of soviet firearms. If you just want a shooter, there are so many other good options.

6. doose

doose New Member

This is one of those situations when I have to say..."geez I remember way back when these guns could be picked up at just about any gun show....":rolleyes: Never shot one, but I wouldn't mind having one.