Russian Sniper Rifle takes aim at America

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Shihan, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

What a horrible report. No mention of one stat about the rifle, it's caliber, what they do that is so 'cutting edge' or anything.

From what I saw, it looked like a standard CNC driven producgtion facility that uses an endmill to inlet their custom carbon and fiberglass stocks.

400M for a test target, that we don't get to see, doesn't impress me much....

And the best rifle in Europe? Well, that is a pretty small pond to be swimming in. Bring that stick over to the good old U.S. of A. and let's see how it stacks up.

JD

3. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

Best part of the video is the end when the reporters backside comes about 2" off the ground.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

99% of the stocks on the wall were McMillian design stocks. with 50% of them being the Edge and the Edge HRB. The action looks like one of 100 different Remmy 700 knock offs. I have seen smiths with 3 times the equipment and every last piece CNC driven so what. The one shot I seen the dude missed the the target by 2 or 3 feet.

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I checked the links and this is the toy:

Accuracy International AW .338 LAPUA

[​IMG]

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Check this link out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LAEOJbyklI&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - Extreme range hunthing with a .338 Lapua[/ame]

7. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I dun seen me some close-tolerance machinin' machines (Aerospace stuff being what it is) but I wasn't never so impressed as when I seent that there lathe with a cover on it.
    Take a tour of the Raytheon plant in Indianapolis sometime. Oh wait.. you can't.
    Tango, the Russki sniper didn't miss. The peon who set the target out put it too low and way to the right!

8. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Can we can some specs?

10. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Talk about levitation......:eek: :D

11. RCHanlin

RCHanlin New Member

Noticed that also ... Would have been nice to see the target groupings as well. Not impressive.