Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I own an M-39 Finnish rework of a Russian M-91 {not to be confused with the M-91-30. Most of the rifles I have encountered have been top notch as far as accuracy and reliability. Some of the finish may seem a tad lackluster but that is par for the course. Yes the 7.62x54Rmm will compare to the .303 British and the 7.7 Jap. and it is actually closer to the .308 not the .30-06 as mentioned earlier, yes I saw an article years ago in a gun magazine about how the Mosin Nagant was called "The .30-06 of the Red Square" SEVERE misnomer compare the ballsitics on a chart and see why 7.62x54Rmm vs. 7.62x63mm / .30-06. ;>) Be aware that some bore sizes may be as large as .318"! I have seen many RARE .308" bore sizes too.

The projectile is of the .311" size which is suitable for those that may own a .303 British, 7.7 Jap., etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I also own the rifles in the calibers you mention. I have quite a few "milsurps" and I also have my own forum that I co-own with a good friend of mine as well. I've been around the block one or two times myself. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.