Russian amnesty AK47

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by MCarter788, Oct 19, 2013.

1. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

What would you consider the top dollar value for a Russian, Factory 66, amnesty registered "1968" with nuisances in excellent condition?

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I thought factory 66 was Chinese.

3. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

It means that the gun has documentation of authenticity.

4. AirCavBob

AirCavBob New Member

Sell it to me and lets find out:)

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Sure that isn't "provenance".

6. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I have 20 bucks in my wallet right now. I'm sure the ATM will allow 20 more ;)

7. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Depends on which market you have in mind. Legal, about 10. Black, we aren't discussing. I am not an appraiser. Only for reference, an exc cond H&R Reising select fire carbine is 5. A MAC machine pistol about 3+. Prices turn on a dime though, no pun intended.

8. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

You are also correct. Provenance might be a better choice of words.

9. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

The asking price is 56k at a local shop.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Selling price for a LEGAL full auto AK 47 is around $19,000 to $22,000. Yes, that was thousand.

Go to Gunbroker.com (you need to be registered) and search closed auction. Class III, see what they have sold for. Bring backs from RVN were usually Chinese, and it is a Type 56 RIFLE (type 56 Carbine is the SKS)

11. Mercator

Mercator New Member

The question was value not price. I know they sell for far more than their worth.

12. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Well if they sell for 22k, then they're obviously at that value to someone. Like I said, if you value yours at 40 bucks, let's talk

13. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Alright. I'll rephrase. It is expensive but not a good value. Meaning, the rifle is utterly useless crap, inaccurate, wasteful, and dangerous to boot. This is an opinion. Fact is, there's a lot of money in it. If you mean value as what it sells for, you get no argument from me.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Merc-

Courts have frequently used the word value without any clear indication of whether it referred to value in use or market value. Generally, however, the courts and parties in civil actions are concerned with market value. Though courts may refer to salable value, actual value, fair value, reasonable value, and cash value, these terms are synonymous with market value.

Copy & paste from legal definitions of value. If you want to split hairs, you need a barber's license. A papered class III AK is worth that much because someone is willing to pay that much.

Why is that little chip of carbon attached to your lady's ring worth all those dollars? Because someone was willing to pay that. There are things I am won't buy because I don't like them- does not change what the value/worth of the item is.

What is a clunky, discontinued 150 year old revolver worth? Don't know- but do know I got to hold JEB Stuart's LeMat revolver once. Not a repro- the real McCoy. Value has many definitions.

I gave the OP the market price.

15. Mercator

Mercator New Member

It is true that I was referring to consumer value, while the question was about market value. That said, look up "drama" in the dictionary.

16. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

The sad thing is one could get one on the black market for the price we pay for variants. Or less.