Ruger

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by gunny134, Nov 16, 2011.

1. gunny134

gunny134 New Member

Does anyone know a good ruger under $1000 other than the gunsite scout rifle?

2. vinnytombs

vinnytombs New Member

baught one bout 2 years ago I can't really remember the model but I think it was a m77 it was 700 or a mark 77 something of thy nature sorry I couldn't be of more help

3. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

most...or probably ALL Rugers are under a grand :rolleyes: M77 Hawkeye comes to mind, get the awsome grey wood laminate stainless model.

4. gunny134

gunny134 New Member

Thats alright

5. vinnytombs

vinnytombs New Member

just pulle it out it is an m77 hawkeye its also a great rifle pretty accurate light weight comes with acopemounts

6. gunny134

gunny134 New Member

7. vinnytombs

vinnytombs New Member

and I do have the grey laminate stainless model sweet looking very unique

8. gunny134

gunny134 New Member

9. gunny134

gunny134 New Member

Make sure to introduce yourself on the introductions page

10. gunny134

gunny134 New Member

11. vinnytombs

vinnytombs New Member

I believe all rugers come with scopes mounts call a local gunstore to be sure but I know all mine did

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The mounts are milled into the receivers and they come with 1" steel rings. You can usually find them under msrp. There are several dealers on the vendor list that do discount sales.

13. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Do your self a favor and stay away from Rugers. They are hit or miss as far as accuracy. Some are perfect, some shoot like a shotgun pattern. Not worth the chance in my book. You can send a crappy rifle back, but they will only try to fix it. You can get a true MOA shooter for less and have no regrets or headaches. Rugers I own, 0.

14. vinnytombs

vinnytombs New Member

what sub Moa shooter can u get for 700? I duno mine shoots great it's a 7mm

15. jismail

jismail Member

I think the mini-14 is a good choice as it is dependable, well made, and regardless of the common opinion of many, reasonably accurate out of the box, and very accurate with some inexpesive mods. It also can be dressed to taste with many options available for stocks, and attachements.

Go to the store and give it a look and decide for yourself....

[​IMG]

16. wjkuleck

wjkuleck Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

All Ruger centerfire rifles come with integral scope ring bases and a set of matching Ruger scope rings.

Regards,

Walt

17. wjkuleck

wjkuleck Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That may have been true many years ago, when Ruger did not have the facilities to make their own barrels and subcontracted them. Today, Ruger hammer-forges their own barrels; the result is a consistently accurate rifle, example after example.

Regards,

Walt