3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a mark 3 22/45 used
When I pull the bolt back seems stiff!
Is there a warranty?

·
Banned
14,941 Posts
My first 22/45 was stiff as hell when I looked at it in the gun store. It was for sale on consignment really cheap. I cheiseled them down on the price quite a bit and ended up buying it for $150-$175. The seller had never disassembled it and cleaned it thoroughly, so there was a build up of varnish on the bolt. I cleaned that up and reassembled with very light lubrication and it was a different gun. Since then I have done some minor polishing and stuff (still needs a trigger job though) which has made it better. The 22/45 is normally a bit stiff at first. Triggers are a bit tricky to stone and polish, I haven't gotten up the courage to try doing mine myself yet.

There is a trick to reassembling these types of Rugers, but follow the directions in the manual and it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine seems real stiff right after a tear down. But cycling it a couple times and it gets alot better.
I dont like how you have to dry fire it to do tear down. Mine gets stiff after the reassembly dryfire. I need to get some plastic plugs or empties for that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with everything said above. Give it a good cleaning, shooting it, and if still and issue call ruger. Mine was new and it look a few trips to the range for it to loosen up.
I also see the same thing as dalon, where it is stiff after I tear it down, but again once ai shoot it a few times it is good to go.
I have had to call ruger once (I have 6 of their handguns) and the service was great. Just as stated above,I told themtheissue, they emailed me a shipping label and I got it back within a couple of weeks.

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.