Ruger trio of DOOM!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Jynx, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Jynx

Jynx New Member

Just thought I would show off the 3 Rugers in my life. All older and again, passed down to me from my Dad/Grandfathers. Blackhawk .45 Colt, Blackhawk .357 Magnum, and Single-Six .22 Magnum. Out of all of them, the .22 is probably the most accurate. Can't help but feeling a little like John Wayne with that .45 in your hands :p But, I have a soft spot for the .357

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Those are something to be proud of! Nice family. :cool:

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very nice collection. :cool:

4. Deadman1

Deadman1 New Member

Nice looking bunch, I like! :cool:

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I do like a nice Ruger. I see three of them there. Very nice indeed.

6. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Nice looking group. Of course they mean more to you than if you had bought them. Pass them on the next generation when you are done.

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

those ladies are sweet!!!! why dont i have family that passes down their guns

8. Jynx

Jynx New Member

Thank you much!

Start the tradition :D

9. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

Jynx,
    Very sweet!
    While I only started my tradition by buyinga model 922 H&R from my uncle before he passed.
    It started a sickness that has no cure.
    Now at around 30 H&R's I will start my family tradition, and all will be split up between my 2 brothers and sister when I can no longer care for them.
    I can only hope they will continue to pass them down to later generations that will appreciate them as family heirlooms, and not as access to some cash!!

10. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Suh....WEET! I have a family that passes down guns. My brother kept all of Dad's functional guns (Colt 1911, S&W Model 10, the Model 70 in .270, the Browning 12-gauge, etc....) and I got a wall-hanger Damascus-barrelled side-by-side that not only can't be shot, but would cost me more in advertising than I would make at it's current value should I decide to sell it.
    I'm sure that it's payback for an ass-kicking I gave him once when we were little. Sadly, he won. :(

11. Jynx

Jynx New Member

Both of my older brothers got at least one or two pass downs, but I'm by far the child who is most like my father. Your Damascus sounds like my Winchester Teddy Roosevelt commemorative 30-30. Has only had one round put through it in it's entirely lifetime (Grandpa shot at a dog that attacked my aunt). My grandmother dropped it on the tile floor afterward, and shattered the stock. I just took it into the gunsmith to restore what we can, but it may have lost its collector value after that. I'm sure that whatever the cost is to restore it will far outweigh its appraisal value. But, you know... heirloom.