Ruger To Stop Selling Semi's

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by Threetango, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Or that other manufacturers, and Ruger will consider not selling semi-autos or auto to law enforcement or California National Guard).

What is good for the people is good for a government of the people and by the people.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014

3. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I applaud Ruger for this move. They are in business to make money, and having to re-invent the wheel for each state that adds a useless, stupid firearms restriction is not the way to do it.

Kalifornia wants to be gun free and that is the direction they are heading. The citizens there deserve what they get because they keep electing the worst possible politicians to run their state!

4. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

F you guys I thought we were all in the 2nd amendment fight together Thanks.
    And thus far is Ruger goes they are doing the wrong thing if they already have guns that are California approved keep selling them what the hell we are their customers after all.
    Just to see a few bad apples can ruin it for everybody.

Nice to know you guys got my back.
    --- ------ ------
    ---- ----- !!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ruger is making a business decision. It's pretty stupid to make different models that only sellin one state...

Long as they stop selling to California govt. That's a good thing.

Here in Wisconsin the city of Milwaukee wanted to buy enough bcm carbines to outfit the Milwaukee pd. Bcm told them no deal due to mayor barret and chief Flynn's anti gun rhetoric

6. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I'm not saying make special guns for California they already exist glock does the same thing I can't buy a Gen 4 but I can still buy all the other gens

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that I support not selling to people of the state, but if a manufacturer is going to stop selling to citizens, then they should stop selling to the government in that statte as well to impress upon the state the idiocy of their policies.

Sorry if my response failed to fill the gap in my thoughts on the subject.

8. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

As they say in the Catholic church:

"and also with you"

9. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Hell I support that .i also support factories leaving states that aren't gun friendly but we are the American people deserve to be armed just like the rest of the people in the United States thought we were all together is all.
    As for cShootter you might wanna rethink your post that was offensive we are all 2nd amendment Fighters.
    That was maybe a far left statement I might add

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

When are California gun owners going to protest the anti-gun movement? We see anti-gun Orgs. marching and protesting gun ownership in California. When are 100,000 gun owners going to march on the State of California's government?
    This will do more than setting on your ??? and blaming everyone else for your problems. We all suffer enough from the left wing nutts California sends to Washington. :(

11. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I know stalker.
    I don't know what it is with people here I just don't understand
    I introduced 15 different families last year to shooting that never shot a gun now they all own at least one or if not multiple guns doing my part .
    we've had rallies.
    My only drive is knowing I have this forum with all my brothers but I have brothers that turn against me I guess.
    Sorry I'm a little upset I just hate starting my day off like this

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Exactly!

Feinstein and Boxer alone have over 70 combined years in office, and keep getting re-elected, over and over again..

Ez, what exactly are you doing within your own state to undo the mess that has been created by these cretins?

Edit-read your response...good on you...:cool:

Lashing out at others for your own failures is pretty weak. Tell us what WE can do to change CA, from outside of CA? Not too much a non resident can really do...

Either the people of CA are...

1-Apathetic towards the constant erosion of rights...

2-Agree with the constant erosion of rights...

3-Or the pro-rights crowd is just so severely outnumbered, that the point of no return is a dot in the rear view mirror...

This stuff didn't happen overnight, it's been going on for decades out there and the good people of CA just seem to let it go on...WHY???

Again, tell us one, single, thing that those of us in the other 49 can do to help put a stop to this and we'll do it!

13. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

But its stressed my feelings the best way I can put it at that point in time I understand this been going on forever so I don't know what to say I guess I just give up and vote for fine Dianne Feinstein for president.
    Sorry guys don't understand my feelings but I'm stuck with all these jerks around here too just was hoping I had some brothers out there

14. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I totally understand what your saying brother , but I see it from the manufacturers end also . For Comiefornia and a few other states they must have these little inferior gun locks inside the firearms to be " CA legal " They have problems with them , gun dealers will even tell you to never engage the locks , I know my dealer has told me to not even take the key out of the box and put it in the S&W my wife got for her birthday or it may be stuck in the lock position . My understanding is they get alot of these back for that very reason . People insert key to be nosey and bam safety lock is stuck and they get sent back in for repairs .
    I feel for ya man , I would not want to even live in a state that doesnt want the good American people to own a gun .

15. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I agree havoc but I don't think it's a lock system that California is .it's a drop safety test that is the problem still a problem and I do understand that but what I'm saying if they already making product that are California legal why not just keep selling them Glock does it. There might be more stupid tests that California has them do I don't know its all stupid.

I guess my biggest problem is support here in California not across the United States but now it is even across the United States moving out of California is not an option I might add but that is easy thing to say.
    I'm not a runner I'm a fighter I guess that's my downfall

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

If you are leader than lead. Your elected California Politicians are beating the Hell out of the rest of America. The money we are dumping to fight California voters could do a lot for new shooting ranges and programs.
    Why not lead those 5 people you know in a protest every week end? If the interest is there it will grow and get attention. The gun issue is not about crying on some one's shoulder. It is strictly "Dog eat Dog" and kick a&&.:(

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yeah man I dont have a good suggestion since moving is not a option . Maybe they are tired of CA laws putting the hurt on CA residents and are trying to make a point . Hope not but in todays world anything possible .
    I also live in a sheister state in the mid west however our rules are not half as bad as CA and I still want to move to a more firearm friendly state

18. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Glock has the resources to pad the pockets of every politician in CA. Plus Glock supplies 80% if not more of the police departments in CA. Glock is going to get breaks that no one else is going to get. Lets be realistic a lot of CA is in decline. People that own guns have left the state years ago. They found jobs in NV and other states. We have one gun owner from CA that is involved in this conversation. Your average Joe can't afford to shoot a gun in CA. I am in NC. To go shooting it costs me at the minimum $50 to go to a range to fire a gun. In CA $50 is just a range fee. You still have to eat, buy gas, ammo, the costs just keep adding up. Who can afford to shoot a couple times a month at that rate. Then you have to deal with range officer that deserves a punch in the face each time he opens his mouth. People don't pay for that ****.

19. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

There are four states that trust their citizens. They do not charge fees or force state authorized classes to carry a firearm. :)

20. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

California is close to being a lost cause, I believe. There are simply too many liberals in that state and it has been that way for a long time. And with what we see happening with mass amnesty for illegals (which many believe = more Dem voter base), how and what will change this?

All one has to do is look at what happened in LA the day the Rodney King verdict was announced to understand the need for citizens to be able to protect themselves....Reginald Deny could have had a 75 round magazine and he still would have taken a beatin' with a brick simply because he was doing his job at the wrong place at the wrong time (and happened to be white).

The left kicks the crap out of the right when it comes to protests and shouting outrage. And getting media attention. Most conservatives these days are older folks, not college kids full of piss and vinegar and short on brains. But until the outrage gets to the point where people DO get off their backsides, organize and make a stink, expect more of the same