Ruger Super Redhawk

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by JonM, Apr 27, 2014.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

Well, this has been on my must list for a very very long time. I'm not normally a revolver person and only a few I care for. (Most being rugers). After doing the cowboy shooting thing I've grown a bit fond of my new vaqueros, my lgs had this nice new super redhawk in 44mag on the shelf. I couldn't resist.

[​IMG]

Test fire date is 3/20/14 so its barely a month old.

Weather was cold and windy so hopefully next weekend I'll have a go with it. A good solid 44 has always been a vacancy in my shooting lineup. While it came with a really nice set of rings I don't think I'm going to scope it.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Nice, would like to have one, just don't need another mouth to feed.

3. ACES 6

ACES 6 New Member

Very nice! I have a Super Blackhawk .44 MAG with a 10" barrel, and I just love it. I picked it up along with a .44 Henry Big Boy as a homecoming gift to myself after my second deployment about 7 years ago. I handload, so my costs in shooting this pair are pretty low, but I also recently began casting my own lead. I can't even begin to tell you how cool that has been. Here's some recent soft lead I put together before heading out to the range.

Attached Files:

4. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Sweet!!! Congratulations....

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thanks!!

I roll my own cast bullets. Although its just .357 .452 and .458 and .54 rounball atm. Need to order a .430 mold for this gun.

Just got the cannon apart and noticed ruger laser engraved its inspection date on the frame. Very interesting thing I've never seen ruger do before

[​IMG]

6. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Very, very nice. this gun is on my list.

7. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Jon that's hog leg now! :)
    Congrats on the Super Redhawk,looks like a sweet Whitetail wheel gun. Let us know how it shoots when you have the time.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Unfortunately won't be till next Friday at the earliest. IF the weather cooperates. It was down right miserable today.

9. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Jon, we feel for you. however to satisfy your needs you have plenty of time that you can caress it and hold it, you can also do cowboy role playing.....just make sure the wife isn't home:D

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

Lol!! She already looks at me weird dry firing at the tv...

11. Transman

Transman New Member

I just picked up one in 454Casull, 7.5 barrel,Nikon scope,shoots fantastic. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

12. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Excuse the diminutive rack.
    Hated the grip (gun was my dad's)........but that thing LOVED my max'd 200gr XTP handloads.
    It shot way better than it should have considering the trigger was only decent (not slicked).
    Shot good enough I popped this dude when he appeared at 50 and kept walking.....stopped at 150.
    Don't recommend that, but I was a bit hyped, after 2 of those "energy drinks" (3rd seen in pic, removed from pack for photo op).

If I find a buy on another 9.5" .44 I'll snag it.
    Currently just run a 3 screw 7.5" SBH but the eyes aint like they used to be :(

[​IMG]

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

Nice freezer filler there :)

After trying to find a fiber optic front sight and failing I called ruger asking why mine is different. They said its the new design.

[​IMG]

As you can see its a updated sightbase with three screws and made of steel. I asked if the tech guy knew of any fiber ramps that would fit and they do and they are sending me one for free!! Amazing support!!

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Nice gun! Good luck.

15. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Nice ROD Jon! My Uncle owned a Redhawk that I Inherited along with his Ruger 44 Carbine, and His Marlin 44 Level Gun. They were his "Bear Stoppers" at the House and Property In Upstate NY. Having fallen on a bit of a rough time after coming back From Desert Storm, and having school expenses, they all went up for sale and were quickly sold.
    I still have My DW 41....and My Wife and I have a few 357's..
    BEST OF LUCK!(We love ANYTHING Ruger!!!)

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk